Technical Sales Executive
|Job Title:||Technical Sales Executive|
|Contact Name:||Jaimini Tailor|
We’re currently recruiting a talented and driven Technical Sales Executive on behalf of a fast-growing supplier to the UK commercial construction sector.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record in technical sales and will demonstrate strong project management skills as well as a proactive, positive approach.
As a subject matter expert in the company’s industry and product range, you will proactively generate your own new enquiries, as well as working with existing clients to negotiate repeat business. In addition, you will provide effective and systematic project management to each customer to ensure every order is fulfilled in an accurate and timely manner.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Growing your geographical sales area by proactively targeting specific market sectors.
- Developing new and repeat business opportunities by efficient management of leads generated from marketing activity.
- Proactively scheduling specification appointments with architects and local authorities to showcase brands.
- Negotiating and closing sales by following up all quotations with key decision makers such as building contractors, architects, quantity surveyors, local authorities and end users, in a timely manner.
- Offering technical support throughout a project to best assist customers in determining the right specifications and products to use on their projects.
- Being the voice of the company, showing a genuine interest in the product range
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
Skills and experience required:
- Extensive previous experience in an internal technical sales role.
- Proven track record of generating new business as well as maintaining and developing existing accounts.
- Skilled at providing quotes, negotiating and closing orders.
- IT proficient, with good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Enjoys working in a team environment.
- Builds a professional rapport quickly, establishing trust with new and existing clients.
- Works in a structured way, both independently and as a team member to achieve targets and deadlines.
- Strong administrative, planning and organisational skills.
Hours of work
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 5.00pm
Salary and benefits:
- £20,000 – £23,000
- Uncapped commission scheme paid monthly
- 26 days annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Free parking
- Pension scheme