Brand & Communications Manager – Contract
|Job Title:||Brand & Communications Manager – Contract|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Clarke|
We’re delighted to introduce an exciting Brand & Communications Manager opportunity within a local not-for-profit organisation, known for providing valuable support and resources to its members.
The role promises the successful applicant an exciting opportunity to shape and promote a forthcoming company rebrand. Working as part of an industrious and collaborative team, you will draw on your extensive experience to effectively lead and take full ownership of the brand, PR, and communications strategy to ensure it is aligned to the organisation’s strategic intent.
You will combine your forward-thinking and creative flair with second-to-none communications knowledge and an astute awareness of marketing trends, in order to drive and cement a strong, sustainable brand.
Based in a fantastic working environment, the role offers a highly competitive salary and a great rewards package including a generous holiday allowance and flexible working.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring the brand is aligned to the organisation’s strategic direction and is at the core of everything the organisation does, from marketing communications, culture, values, and innovation;
- Leading the development and implementation of a new set of brand values, ensuring consistency and clarity; both for internal stakeholders in how they’re lived and breathed, as well as in a brand experience for external stakeholders;
- Being a brand guardian and strategist, positioning the alignment of the brand consistently throughout a visual and verbal identity;
- Developing an employee engagement plan to help embed the new proposition, messaging, and brand;
- Overseeing and contributing to integrated influencing and engagement plans for key moments and campaigns; incorporating new channels and ideas that represent the brand to the best effect;
- Driving forward and overseeing the delivery of a digitally-integrated PR and thought leadership strategy through an earned media plan focused on championing the organisation as a credible thought leader;
- Proactively seeking fresh insights and inspiration to improve the targeting, quality, and effectiveness of thought leadership content ensuring it matches brand ambitions;
- Increasing the pool of spokespeople, ensuring they are educated to advocate on behalf of the organisation and for the people we support;
- Fostering and retaining relationships with brand advocates and influencing networks to drive advocacy;
- Monitoring and reporting on brand and organisational marketing performance, ensuring KPI’s are met, and deliver continuous improvement to help maximise brand equity;
- Managing and developing the brand and communications team to support the delivery of plans during a period of change;
- Liaising and collaborating with the senior leadership team, peers and external agencies ensuring plans and activities are to the benefit of the community;
- Setting and delivering on key performance indicators (KPIs);
- Undertaking effective budgetary management, forecasting and management of expenditure.
Skills and experience required:
- Relevant degree or recognised professional qualification, ideally in Marketing, Communications or another relevant / related subject;
- Extensive experience in a similar brand communications role with line management responsibilities;
- Demonstrates an understanding of audience tone of voice and tailoring content for various channels, along with a good knowledge of latest digital marketing trends and best practices;
- Able to give examples of developing and implementing plans that successfully strengthened brand positions, as well as planning and delivering multi-channel communications strategies;
- Prior involvement in implementing change within an organisation, particularly a new brand;
- Thinks strategically and creatively regarding marketing and communication activities;
- Previous experience within the charitable, not-for-profit, health and wellbeing sectors and / or membership organisations would be beneficial;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office packages, CRM, CMS and other marketing systems and software
- Ability to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders;
- Enjoys working as part of a cohesive team and building cross-functional relationships across departments;
- Experience of managing budgets, as well as setting KPIs, and personal development plans;
- Excellent project design and management skills with outstanding attention to detail;
- Positive, proactive working approach with helpful and engaging interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and educate a wide network of people;
- Driven and forward thinking with the organisational goals in mind;
- Flexible approach to work with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritise accordingly;
- Challenges constructively, listens empathetically, supports colleagues and is non-judgemental.
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm (35 hours)
- Flexible working patterns available – 3 days working from home, 2 days in office (please note this may be subject to change)
Salary and benefits:
- £35,000 – £38,000
- 25 days’ annual leave (+ 8 bank holidays)
- Free parking
- Excellent benefits scheme