Communications and Marketing Manager
|Job Title:||Communications and Marketing Manager||Contract Type:|
|Location:||Market Harborough, Leicestershire|
|Contact Name:||Eloise Shelton|
We’re proud to be recruiting a talented Communications & Marketing Manager on behalf of a leading client-services consultancy.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the development and implementation of a cohesive communications and marketing strategy, including activities across multiple internal and external communication channels to raise awareness of and positively promote the organisation.
You will work closely in collaboration with the CEO and Founder, Managing Director, Business Development Manager and departmental Business Leaders, with a strong emphasis on digital activity and developing social media engagement. You’ll take a creative, enthusiastic, and personable approach, while demonstrating the ability to assimilate a demanding workload and to work effectively under pressure.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward-thinking business which is extremely well-respected in its specialist sector on a local, national and international scale.
Duties and responsibilities:
In line with overall company strategy and individual business area strategies, you will devise an effective multi-channel marketing plan and lead on all communication and marketing activities, including:
- Creating and maintaining a cross-channel, audience-centric calendar of activities that supports all communication and marketing needs, including all written and visual content for this calendar.
- Continuously communicating with business leaders, evolving plans where required and optimising opportunities to achieve business objectives.
- Employing strong project management skills to ensure marketing deliverables and milestones are met, from defining the initial approach clearly, brief writing, ensuring timings are mapped and costings defined and agreed.
- Leading, delivering or assisting in the creation and production of publicity materials and various communications (including newsletters, social media, blogs e-mailings and brochures etc.) using appropriate software. This will include campaign development and data analysis.
- Preparing and presenting campaign proposals and creative work to colleagues, as and when required, ensuring feedback is considered.
- Creating, adapting, improving, and optimising web communication for Search Engine Optimisation.
- Developing and managing the digital activities ensuring they have a strong presence on all digital media channels.
- As the main brand champion, ensuring brand consistency, accuracy, and appropriateness of tone and messaging for all published materials and communications.
- Managing marketing budgets across all areas of accountability in agreement with the Managing Director.
Skills and experience required:
- Marketing-related degree, CIM qualification or qualified by experience.
- Equipped with a combination of marketing and communications experience at a senior or managerial level.
- Ideally experience of a similar B2B role within the professional services sector.
- Expert in the use of Google Analytics, with the ability to provide insights from marketing and communications data to review marketing and communication effectiveness and inform future planning.
- Adobe Photoshop and/or In-design experience, with experience of video editing also being an advantage.
- Significant relevant experience in digital marketing and website management.
- Outstanding copywriting and copyediting skills; takes pride in writing clear, engaging communications.
- Excellent creative judgement, with the ability to consolidate multiple stakeholder feedback.
- Able to work under pressure, delivering to tight deadlines and budgets, adapting direction as projects and timelines change.
- Tenacious and focused on delivery, with a ‘can do’ positive attitude.
- Takes a helpful, friendly and positive approach and enjoys working collaboratively as part of a team.
Hours of work:
- Permanent, full-time or part-time (4 days per week)
- Remote working, office based or a combination of the two.