|Job Title:||Digital Manager|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Clarke|
We’re delighted to introduce an exciting Digital Manager opportunity within a local not-for-profit organisation, known for providing valuable support and resources to its members.
The role promises the successful applicant an exciting opportunity to develop and manage a strong digital strategy. Working as part of an industrious and collaborative team, you will draw on your extensive experience to create a clear and effective digital roadmap for future improvements and innovations so the organisation can remain relevant, modern and accessible to its global community.
You will combine your forward-thinking and creative flair with second-to-none digital knowledge and an astute awareness of marketing trends, in order to drive and cement a strong, sustainable brand.
Based in a fantastic working environment, the role offers a highly competitive salary and a great rewards package including a generous holiday allowance and flexible working.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Creating and continuously revising a digital strategy aligned to the strategic vision and ensuring best practice. This includes the web platform, email development, conversion rate optimisation (CRO), search engine optimisation / marketing (SEO/SEM), dynamic content and automations.
- Optimising the web platform to provide always on high quality self-service support to a global community.
- Modernising digital tools and channels, ensuring the organisation remains relevant, innovative and accessible to a global community.
- Developing a roadmap for digital improvements and innovation.
- Developing and implementing consumer and data led website innovations and improvements in UX, UI and content, such as WCAG 2.0 accessibility practices.
- Working with colleagues to create seamless user journeys between digital and offline touchpoints, ensuring joined up support and brand consistency.
- Effective budgetary management, forecasting, financial control, and management of expenditure for digital activity to derive best value and impact.
- Reporting on, analysing and delivering on organisational success measures for digital activities as well as wider metrics to steer future digital marketing activity.
- Aiming to deliver continuous improvement based on user behaviour and feedback in order to achieve greater impact and ROI.
- Managing, inspiring and supporting the digital team.
- Creating a culture where people can thrive and deliver effective, timely, cost-effective and impactful digital activities that support the organisational strategy.
Skills and experience required:
- Relevant Marketing degree or equivalent digital marketing professional qualification and experience
- Extensive experience in a similar role, with experience in digital marketing, website development, analytics and reporting
- Evidence of previously developing and implementing effective digital strategies
- Proven people management skills, engaging in a collaborative way across all levels and teams within an organisation
- Prior experience of successfully managing organisational projects
- Sound budgetary management, forecasting and KPI reporting skills
- Solid understanding of the latest digital trends and practices
- Strong innovator in digital design, such as web pages and email with a responsive / mobile-first mindset
- Knowledge of digital accessibility, WCAG 2.1 and AA practices
- Significant experience in using Google Analytics, Tag Manager and Data Studio
- Proven career background in data and analytics with experience of working with multiple data sets, user experience design and texting, comprehensive digital and marketing performance reporting and using these to drive insights into action
- Able to give examples of creating, improving and reporting marketing and behavioural automations, as well as using CMS to create and edit websites and front-end user touchpoints
- Previous responsibility for email marketing planning, design and production
- Applies critical thinking especially during project planning and evaluation, understanding user behaviour and intent based on analytics data
- Demonstrates a genuine commitment to uphold and promote equal opportunities and diversity
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm (35 hours). Flexible working patterns available
Salary and benefits:
- £35,000 – £40,000
- 25 days’ annual leave (+ 8 bank holidays)
- Free parking
- Excellent benefits scheme