European Payroll Specialist
|Job Title:||European Payroll Specialist||Contract Type:|
|Salary:||£40,000 - £55,000|
|Contact Name:||Jaimini Tailor|
We are looking for a highly knowledgeable European Payroll Specialist to process and manage monthly payrolls along with all related duties.
This role is flexible to be home-based from any location in the UK or can be office based from Wellingborough, Northamptonshire.
A big part of the payroll specialist role will be to manage multi-payrolls across Europe, working alongside the
payroll vendor (ADP) and the relevant In Country Providers (ICP’s), so it is essential that you have solid
experience with payroll vendor management.
The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for ensuring all payroll payments, expenses, deductions and statutory
taxes are processed and paid correctly and on time. Excellent knowledge of payroll regulations in multiple European countries is essential.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and process monthly payrolls including salaries, variable payments and deductions, employee leaves, benefits, statutory taxes and third-party payments across our European offices in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland and the UK.
- Partner with and continuously communicate with HR team to retrieve monthly payroll data by the diarised
payroll deadlines, per country.
- Point of contact for all payroll related queries, escalating as necessary to the relevant stakeholders.
- Preparing monthly payroll data sheet file to upload on the payroll vendor portal as per deadlines, including all relevant payroll documentation.
- Checking and validation of payroll output for all countries using various reports (gross to net,
variance, pdf reports).
- Raising requests to the payroll vendor for any corrections required from the payroll output.
- Committing and approving the payroll register and carrying out other relevant approval processes on
the payroll vendor management dashboard.
- Checking payroll funding with the Finance team, ensuring that it is done in a timely manner to meet
relevant country pay deadlines.
- Month end reporting to Finance for all countries.
- Year End reporting preparation in conjunction with payroll vendor – all countries.
- Support the HR team during the annual budgeting process with respect to salary and wages information.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant laws and internal policies.
- Liaising with the Finance team to assist with payroll audit work.
- Managing the Payroll mailbox and answering of payroll queries.
- Maintain a well organised and timely filing process for payroll records and other related documentation.
- Raising any ad-hoc payments “out of payroll cycle” to Finance.
- Coding and raising payroll vendor monthly invoices for payment.
Skills and experience required:
- Proven experience as Payroll Specialist / Manager, in a stand-alone role
- Experience of multi-regional payroll processing; ideally for one or more of the following countries:
Germany, Italy, France
- Good understanding of multi-location payrolls and tax related issues
- Strong knowledge of legislation and regulations of the payroll management
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
- Outstanding organisational skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Strong team player and communicator at all levels within the Company
- Excellent communication skills, personal initiative and experience in working as part of a European
- Ability to communicate at different levels across the company, both in writing and verbally. Fluent
English essential, European languages are very advantageous
- High level of integrity and ethics, with an open approach
- Payroll systems experience is required; ADP/Celergo is advantageous
- Able to take ownership and drive the necessary business result
- Highly motivated and can work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to balance between content and bigger picture
- Pragmatic, pro-active, flexible and hands on
- Willingness to travel in Europe (appr. 10-15%)
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm
Salary and benefits:
- £40,000 – £55,000