Finance Manager – Fixed Term Contract
|Job Title:||Finance Manager – Fixed Term Contract||Contract Type:|
|Location:||Market Harborough, Leicestershire|
|Contact Name:||Kate Goodman|
This SME orgranisation are seeking an experienced and ‘hands on’ Finance Manager to join them on a 10 – 13 month contract. This will be a standalone role the successful applicant will take responsibility for all the day to day financial functions of the business including month end management reports and analysis.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Processing sales and purchase invoices, along with the preparation of payment files.
- Posting cash receipts and payments.
- Carrying out credit control.
- Banking and account reconciliations.
- Managing staff expenses.
- Liaising with the company payroll bureau and HMRC.
- Preparation of VAT returns.
- Authorising account payment terms for new customers.
- Maintaining the fixed asset register, calculating depreciation and dealing with disposals.
- Posting journals and preparing monthly management accounts.
- Year end accounts.
- New financial year and mid term budgets and forecasts preparation as required.
- Reporting and analysis of departmental KPI.
- Dealing with company Motor Fleet Insurance and breakdown cover.
- Assisting with relevant HR administration for existing employees and new starters.
- Other finance project based work as required.
Skills and experience required:
- Part Qualified ACCA / CIMA
- Good working knowledge of an accounting package (Sage, Pegasus, Quickbooks or similar).
- Familiarity with Priority ERP software would be helpful but not essential.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Confident working autonomously
- Works with a helpful and approachable communication style and a proactive, positive approach.
- Demonstrates a growth mindset and an interest in seeing the role, department and business develop.
- Good organisational skills, able to prioritise and work to deadlines.
Hours of work:
- 37.5 hours per week
Salary and benefits:
- Performance related bonus
- Statutory pension
- 20 days + bank holidays