|Job Title:||Financial Controller||Contract Type:|
|Salary:||£60,000 - £70,000|
|Contact Name:||Kate Goodman|
We’re looking for an outstanding Financial Controller with real commercial vision to join a rapidly growing East Midlands tech company.
The objective of this role will not only be to ensure the financial success of the organisation through developing well-managed processes and transactions, but also to play an important wider part in the advancement of the business.
You’ll join a hardworking and ambitious team who welcome honest feedback and actively encourage innovation. They’ll want to hear all about your proven track record of delivering accurate and timely financial information, and will invite you to apply your creativity, expertise and acumen to identify opportunities for the improvement and modernisation of existing accounting systems and processes.
This is a truly unique opportunity to play a pivotal part in the evolution of an up-and-coming industry disruptor.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Carrying out the day-to-day management of the finance function (a team of 4, including the Finance Manager)
- Preparing accurate and timely monthly management accounts
- Delivering annual budgets and reforecasting in collaboration with the management team
- Overseeing UK and US treasury management (including cashflow forecasting)
- Managing the executive dashboard and annual audit
- Coordinating performance analysis (departmental and client)
- Identifying opportunities for process improvements on an ongoing basis
- Reviewing current accounting and reporting software to ensure scaleability in line with company objectives
- Building strong relationships and high credibility with internal stakeholders
Skills and experience required:
- ACCA / ACA / CIMA qualified professional
- At least 5 years’ experience of working within a similar role, including the management of small / developing finance teams
- Prior exposure to (and sound understanding of) working within a high-growth entrepreneurial environment
- Strong IT skills with an advanced knowledge of MS Excel alog with an understanding of Xero. Additional experience of Executive Dashboard would be desirable.
- Knowledge of US GAAP would be beneficial
- Extensive experience of working within in a cross-functional management team
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Enjoys taking ownership of tasks and working with a self-motivated and enterprising approach
- Demonstrates a growth mindset and an interest in seeing the role and business develop
- Confident in leading, challenging and influencing both Finance and non-Finance stakeholders
- Ability to highlight commercial opportunities and risk
- Takes a collaborative approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills, working with positivity, charisma and a tireless drive for results
- Shows a commitment to continued learning and a thirst for knowledge in order to maintain specialist financial expertise
- Enjoys taking bold steps to meet ambitious targets through the development of highly-organised, well prioritised and resilient processes.
Salary and benefits:
- £60,000 – £70,000