|Job Title:||Financial Controller||Contract Type:|
|Contact Name:||Kate Goodman|
We’re looking for an outstanding Financial Controller with real commercial vision.
The objective of this role will not only be to ensure the financial success of the organisation through developing well-managed processes and transactions, but also to play an important wider part in the advancement of the business.
You’ll join a hardworking and ambitious team in this fast-paced organisation. The successful applicant will demonstrate a passion and drive for working with colleagues at all levels to devise and implement an effective finance strategy. They’ll want to hear all about your proven track record of delivering accurate and timely financial information, and will invite you to apply your creativity, expertise and acumen to identify opportunities for the improvement and modernisation of existing accounting systems and processes.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Carrying out the day-to-day management of the finance function
- Preparing accurate and timely monthly management accounts
- Creation and delivery of budgets and reforecasting in collaboration with the SMT
- Preparation of annual accounts for external audit and internal review by the board
- Implementing the finance business plan
- Leading the strategic direction and decision making of the Finance function
- Managing cashflow and cash purchasing for the business
- Explore and initiate opportunities for reducing costs and maximizing efficiencies to increase profit margins
- Identifying opportunities for process improvements on an ongoing basis
- Building strong relationships and high credibility with internal stakeholders
Skills and experience required:
- CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified
- At least 5 years’ experience of working within a similar role, including the management of small finance teams
- Ability to successfully adapt to changing demands and conditions within an environment of change and growth.
- Extensive experience of working within in a cross-functional management team
- Demonstrates a growth mindset and an interest in seeing the role and business develop
- Confident in leading, challenging and influencing both Finance and non-Finance stakeholders
- Demonstrates an extensive knowledge of VAT
- Ability to highlight commercial opportunities and risk
- Takes a collaborative approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills, working with positivity, charisma and a tireless drive for results
- Enjoys taking bold steps to meet ambitious targets through the development of highly-organised, well prioritised and resilient processes
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
Salary and benefits: