|Job Title:||HR Manager|
|Contact Name:||Eloise Shelton|
We’re delighted to be recruiting on behalf of a first-class logistics provider in Leicestershire, who are looking for an HR Manager to bring outstanding leadership and strategical direction to the Human Resources team.
For this exciting and truly varied opportunity within a prestigious and progressive business, we are looking for an HR Manager who demonstrates a clear vision for ensuring that the company becomes a prime employment destination for the top talent in its industry.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate take full ownership of the Human Resources department and will be organised, focused and flexible, with a strong track record of working in HR management. You will be responsible for evaluating employee programmes, recommending improvements to employee relations policies and making sure that all employee-related policies in each department align with corporate goals and established regulations.
A flexible approach to working hours is essential as there will be a requirement for shift work and the occasional weekend work to prioritise demanding workload.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Managing all employee related casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, retirement and redundancy
- Applying HR and business knowledge, evidencing appropriate decision-making skills
- Advising and supporting the department teams on the terms and conditions of employment and knowledge share best practice with them
- Continuing to develop the HR policy and procedures to drive performance and mitigate disputes
- Implementing a learning and development policy across the business
- Providing first line advice on current and existing policies and benefits for all employees
- Administering payroll and payroll records and keeping accounts appraised of any changes
- Working with the Senior Management Team on a pay reward strategy
- Providing advice on recruitment and selection strategies
- Supporting the recruitment process – this may include writing job descriptions and preparing interview questions and application forms etc
- Carrying out new starter inductions
- Managing talent and succession planning
- Driving alignment between HR strategy and business goals
- Continuously monitoring and reviewing HR policies and processes and implementing changes where necessary
- Participating in the implementation of specific projects, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organization
- Supporting change management processes
- Keeping accurate HR records for reporting and audit purposes
- Managing and enforcing compliance across the teams with established policies and procedures
- Ad-hoc general administrative duties and act as the primary point of contact for key stakeholders.
Skills and experience required:
- CIPD qualification
- Extensive previous generalist HR supervisory experience within an industrial logistics / distribution / supply chain environment
- TUPE experience would be preferred
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work with initiative and manage workloads
- Strong literacy and numerical skills
- Demonstrated ability to improve employee morale
- Comprehensive understanding of employment law
- Diligent, structured, and organised approach to work – with the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Ability to work in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- A positive and ‘can-do’ attitude with logical problem-solving skills
- Takes pride in work and is thorough, with excellent attention to detail
- Strong PC skills – proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Able to work as part of a team as well as independently.
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 5.00pm
Salary and benefits:
- £30,000 – £35,000