|Job Title:||HR Manager|
|Location:||Market Harborough, Leicestershire|
|Contact Name:||Jodie Clements|
We’re proud to be recruiting on behalf of a leading logistics provider in Market Harborough, who are looking for an enterprising and proactive HR Manager to join their Senior Management Team.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful applicant to this exciting and varied standalone opportunity will support and take full ownership of the Human Resources department. You will manage all day-to-day HR processes, as well as developing long-term strategies that make the company a top employment destination within its industry.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference and contribute to the long-term success of the business, which is enjoying continued growth year-on-year.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage all employee related casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, retirement and redundancy.
- Advise and support team managers on the terms and conditions of employment and share best practice with them.
- Handling contractual queries and policies relating to changes to hours and working patterns.
- Implement learning and development policy across the business, including management of the apprenticeship scheme.
- Continuously monitor and review HR policies and processes and implement changes where necessary.
- Provide first line advice on current and existing policies and benefits for all employees, ensuring that the company employee handbook is kept up-to-date at all times.
- Assisting the payroll team and keep accounts appraised of any changes to employees, and any required adjustments to pay.
- Supporting hiring managers with the recruitment process; this may include providing recruitment guidance, writing job descriptions and preparing interview questions and application forms etc.
- Developing and carrying out new starter inductions.
- Managing talent and succession planning.
- Driving alignment between HR strategy and business goals.
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation.
- Supporting change management processes.
- Keeping accurate HR records for reporting and audit purposes.
- Managing and enforcing compliance across the teams with established policies and procedures.
- Carrying out other general HR administrative duties as required, and acting as the primary point of contact for key stakeholders.
Skills and experience required:
- Extensive experience in a standalone HR management role, ideally within a logistics, supply chain, manufacturing or industrial environment.
- CIPD Level 5 or above.
- IT proficient, with a good knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Comprehensive and up-to-date understanding of employment law.
- A high-level of self-confidence and self-motivation, with the ability to work on your own initiative and manage your workload.
- Demonstrated ability to create effective initiatives that improve employee morale.
- Diligent, structured, and organised approach to work – with the ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Ability to work in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment.
- A positive and ‘can-do’ attitude with logical problem-solving skills.
- Takes pride in producing thorough and accurate work with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as independently.
Hours of work
- Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm
Salary and benefits:
- £35,000 – £45,000
- Car allowance
- Mobile phone and laptop
- 20 days’ annual leave + 8 bank holidays