|Job Title:||HR Manager|
|Contact Name:||Eloise Shelton|
We’re currently recruiting for an enterprising HR Manager on behalf of a successful and well-reputed international supplier to the engineering and manufacturing industries.
Based at the company’s UK facility in Corby, the successful applicant will coordinate and manage all of the HR needs across the site, and will demonstrate a flair for creating and delivering progressive and effective human resources strategies that foster motivating, supportive and productive working environments.
This is an exciting and rewarding role with hands-on involvement in the management of HR operations and the delivery of strategic objectives.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing wage policies and employee benefit programmes which attract and retain high performance employees.
- Responsible for all employee relations, performance management and engagement
- Monitoring the time and attendance system
- Responsible for all recruitment, talent management and succession planning
- Identifying and ensuring compliance with legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting Human Resources functions and monitoring exposure of the Company.
- Advising supervisors/managers and providing support in the performance management process including employee development and performance (coaching/mentoring as well as performance or conduct issues).
- Providing support in the development of succession plans for the site.
- Taking responsibility for overseeing the recruiting efforts for both hourly and salaried positions and ensuring that appropriately screened applicant packages are presented to the hiring managers.
- Researching Human Resources best practices to keep the Company competitive
- Directing the preparation and maintenance of reports that are necessary to carry out functions of the department.
- Developing and documenting the HR and L&D operational budget
- Monitoring the performance of employees and providing prompt and objective coaching and counselling.
- Travelling when required to other company sites.
Skills and experience required:
- Extensive proven experience gained as a HR Manager within a manufacturing or engineering company
- European HR experience would be an advantage
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Human Resources, and/or CIPD qualification to Level 5 or above.
- Specialised training in organisational planning / development, recruiting and preventative employee relations preferred.
- Well-developed administrative skills as well as strong management skills – principles and people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to engage with different personalities while demonstrating tact, maturity and flexibility.
- Strong computer skills; proficient in the use of MS Office, a time & attendance system and LMS.
Hours of work:
- 37 hours per week Monday to Friday
Salary and benefits:
- £40,000 – 45,000