|Job Title:||Lending Officer||Contract Type:|
|Salary:||£25,000 - £30,000|
|Contact Name:||Jaimini Tailor|
On behalf of an innovative and award-winning bank, we’re looking for a skilled Commercial Lending Officer with excellent business acumen and a flair for delivering excellent customer service.
Recognised and commended as a unique banking organisation, the company takes pride in setting itself apart from the crowd and is known for its strong brand values, integrity and a commitment to exceptional service. Working in consultation with each customer, they consider individual needs carefully in order to offer the most appropriate solution from a range of straightforward, easy to understand products. This return to a much-valued personal approach is working; the team have enjoyed recent year-on-year growth as word spreads of the outstanding service they deliver.
The successful applicant to this interesting position will assist and support the Lending Services Manager and Director of Lending Services, helping to co-ordinate and deliver all post-sanction requirements to allow a loan facility to draw safely and promptly in line with the client’s expectations. Responding to day to day queries from clients and undertaking loan reviews are also important parts of the role, in order to assist with the general management of the loan portfolio.
The role presents a fantastic opportunity to join a cohesive and positive working environment and make a valued contribution as part of a friendly team. As such, we’re looking for an approachable, empathetic problem solver with exemplary communication skills who enjoys working collaboratively with colleagues.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Delivering targeted levels of loan drawdowns each month, driving forward the progress on pipeline loans, and striving to turn around all cases within set timescales.
- Carrying out administration to the ensure timely release of facility letters, valuation instructions, and legal instructions to support the company ethos of a fast, high quality, personal service.
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with professional partners (such as lawyers and valuers) to ensure the smooth and prompt exchange of correspondence and communication, ensuring that panel solicitors maintain a high level of focus on progressing cases.
- Attending to all aspects of customer service including ad hoc consent requests, redemptions and variation letters.
- Ensuring compliance with internal policies, procedures and guidelines together with all appropriate regulatory and statutory requirements, implementing actions to protect business at all times.
- Maintaining information systems to ensure accurate data input.
- Demonstrably contributing to the achievement of financial objectives of the business while maintaining portfolio asset and data quality.
- Initiating and reviewing loan account performance in line with Lending Protocols and Real Estate Finance Periodic Reviews Procedure.
- Assisting other departments as and when directed helping to deliver wider strategic objectives.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience working in a similar role related to commercial lending / commercial mortgages.
- Solid understanding of commercial lending / finance plus a good level of general financial and commercial awareness.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and a flexible working approach.
- Ability to plan and prioritise to ensure targets are achieved or exceeded.
- Able to quickly build relationships with customers or stakeholders.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and IT skills
- Self-motivated, accountable and results orientated.
- Enjoys working as part of a collaborative team.
Hours of work:
- Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm with 1 hour lunch (35 hr week)
Salary and benefits:
- £25,000 – £30,000
- 27 days’ holiday + bank holidays
- Profit share bonus scheme
- Perkbox membership