|Job Title:||Project Sales||Contract Type:|
|Location:||Market Harborough, Leicestershire|
|Salary:||£32,000 - £38,000|
|Contact Name:||Jaimini Tailor|
Are you a driven and customer-focused internal sales professional or bid writer with experience in the engineered products sector? We’re proud to be recruiting for a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established company with an enviable reputation in their field, who pride themselves on delighting their customers with industry-leading engineering solutions.
Reporting to the Project Sales Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for the preparation of techno-commercial quotations in compliance with clients’ requirements and technical specifications.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Preparing technical and commercial bids and quotations, including: making an initial review of the enquiry, understanding the client’s requirements and taking detailed consideration of technical specification, scope of supply, inspection, testing and all required documentation.
- Sending enquiries to sub-vendors and other internal divisions for components / items .
- Searching for new suppliers for project specific, critical components, obtaining quotes and making a technical and commercial evaluation of potential sub-vendor quotations.
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with suppliers.
- Carrying out a detailed cost estimation of services, staffing and “unknown quantities”.
- Preparing detailed technical offers detailing the scope of supply, specifications, inclusions / exclusions and any deviations, clarifications or important notes.
- Preparing the commercial offer detailing prices, payment terms and conditions, delivery schedule, validity, warranty etc.
- Completing and provide documents required by the client with the quotation.
- Providing clarification to clients on any technical and /or commercial queries following their evaluation of the quote.
- Revising quotations in line with responses and changes to the client’s requirements.
- Attending technical meetings with the client where required.
- Reviewing client purchase orders and ensuring that scope of supply, specification, prices, delivery and all terms and conditions are in accordance with the quotation.
- Preparing a thorough handover for the project management team.
- Attending project kick-off meetings (physical/virtual) with internal team and client where necessary.
- Potentially attending meetings at Head Office in Scotland as and when required.
- Assisting project management, engineering, purchasing and production teams.
- Liaising regularly with head office staff.
Skills and experience required:
- Extensive experience working in an internal sales or bid preparation role of a technical nature, with responsibility for putting together detailed and accurate quotations for the provision of engineered products.
- Experience within a relevant technical business sector such as engineering or manufacturing.
- Able to manage the customer journey from initial enquiry through to order fulfilment.
- Demonstrates an interest in metal engineering and an enthusiasm for building knowledge around products, technology, materials, industry processes and standards.
- A good knowledge of Excel is required (further training can be provided).
- Detailed and methodical worker with good organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Multi-tasker who can prioritize workloads, and eventually work with minimal supervision.
- Enjoys working as part of a collaborative team, but can also work independently and manage their own time effectively.
- Due to the nature of the role, a full valid driving licence is required.
- Fluency in a second European language would be ideal, but is not essential.
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm
- This role will initially be working from home, but will become office-based in Market Harborough from Q4 2021 onwards.
Salary and benefits:
- £32,000 – £38,000
- Annual company bonus scheme
- 20 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays