Qualitative Marketing Researcher
|Job Title:||Qualitative Marketing Researcher|
|Contact Name:||Eloise Shelton|
We’re looking for a highly-skilled Qualitative Research expert with vision and ambition to join a leading marketing services company, known for helping a wide range of international brands to communicate effectively with consumers through a variety of eyecatching and engaging digital innovations.
The successful applicant will be part of an Insight Team responsible for creating, analyzing and debriefing qualitative data from a range of sources, and will design and conduct valuable bespoke qualitative research which will effectively explain, predict and measure consumer behaviour in clients’ sectors and markets, and provide planning, strategy and innovation for their brands.
Based at a state-of-the art high-tech hub, you’ll support clients and the whole business with creative, innovative approaches to traditional market research. Candidates should demonstrate outstanding commercial and analytical acumen and be driven to continuously innovate and improve.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Designing and conducting a wide variety of qualitative research projects, including a focus on digital environments and user experience (UX);
- Running consumer workshops, testing and interviews to interpretation, analysis and debriefs;
- Planning fieldwork in collaboration with clients and the wider insight team;
- Collating, analysing and presenting findings once research has been conducted;
- Delivering compelling insights and recommendations from qualitative projects to creatively communicate value and opportunity to clients within their commercial context;
- Responding to queries from clients with accuracy and speed and clearly communicating recommended research design, insights, and opportunities;
- Engaging internal teams in the insight and analytics process and regularly sharing insight and recommendations to aid decision making;
- Providing reporting for clients;
- Supporting the delivery of reviews and presentations;
- Helping to organize and maintain a database of research over time.
Skills and experience required:
- Extensive employment experience in a marketing research role developing and delivering detailed qualitative research projects, preferably within an agency setting;
- Degree qualification in a relevant discipline (such as psychology, anthropology, design research or HCI/Human Factors) would be desirable.
- Broad knowledge of qualitative research techniques and approaches including: service design experience (including service mapping), designing and conducting customer and stakeholder workshops, co-creation and design research, depth interviewing techniques, discussion guide design, user experience research and testing (remote and in-person, some international testing experience beneficial), and in-situ research techniques (assisted shopping etc.)
- Understanding of/experience with techniques such as ethnography and biometrics would also be beneficial.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of qualitative research techniques, and understanding of good research practice and a passion for innovation in the field of qualitative research;
- Experience of conducting face-to-face research projects.
- Able to deliver clear and engaging presentations of data to clients and colleagues;
- Strong IT skills, with a good knowledge of MS Office;
- Approaches tasks with curiousity, always looking for opportunities to innovate and to improve;
- Appreciates the value and importance of working collaboratively with teams across the business;
- Able to adapt to a fast-moving business environment, with a positive approach to change;
- Excellent trouble-shooting and problem-solving skill set;
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and tenacity;
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbally and when putting together written correspondence, reports and presentations;
- Full, clean UK Driving Licence.
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 5:30pm
Salary and benefits:
- £40,000 – £60,000
- Healthcare scheme
- Employee wellbeing initiatives