Research & Insights Project Manager
|Job Title:||Research & Insights Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Eloise Shelton|
We’re looking for a Marketing Research & Insights expert with real vision and initiative to join a leading marketing services company, known for helping a wide range of international brands to communicate effectively with consumers through a wide range of eyecatching and engaging digital innovations.
The successful applicant will be embedded within the head office of a prestigious client to oversee all aspects of a variety of both qualitative and quantitative projects – from estimating, briefing, timing plans, managing resource and all other activities that play a part in delivering results on time and within budget.
You’ll take ownership of the whole process, from brief to delivery – liaising with the client and their internal consumer and business insights team, suppliers and all internal teams.A natural ability to direct and lead others to ensure end to end project delivery, whilst managing all aspects of the research process will be imperative.
You’ll join a hardworking team who welcome honest feedback and actively encourage innovation and professional development. The role will be pivotal in successfully helping one large client deliver insightful and impactful research projects, so candidates must demonstrate outstanding commercial acumen, alongside excellent communication skills.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Taking insight briefs from clients and Account Directors .
- Estimating costs, challenging the objectives at the beginning of a project and managing agreed budgets.
- Managing all aspects of insight projects – estimates, timings, recruitment, suppliers, clients, presentations, design, debrief sessions, budget etc.
- Being the client contact for all insight projects you’re managing.
- Producing timing plans and scheduling internal and external resource, working alongside the rest of the team to do this to ensure deadlines are met.
- Continuously prioritising work based on the insight teams priorities and also scope changes.
- Identifying, prioritising and managing conflicts between cost, time and quality.
- Attending client briefing and presentation meetings alongside other client team members.
- Engaging with Account Directors to ensure project objectives are achieveable and meet quality standards.
- Identifying opportunities for the update and development of systems and business methods.
- Continuously keeping informed of emerging trends and market conditions.
Skills and experience required:
- Extensive experience of carrying out a Marketing Research & Insights role involving project management responsibilities within an agency environment.
- Sector experience gained in FMCG food, retail or eating out would be ideal but not essential
- Strong project management skills, with examples of having successfully delivered a range of projects which generated excellent client feedback.
- Sound understanding of following both quantitative and qualitative research processes.
- Ability to run multiple projects and solve day to day problems with resource and a variety of stakeholders
- Experience of working effectively with people – particularly in terms of briefing, estimating and efficiently managing resources.
- Demonstrates a natural ability to direct and lead both colleagues and suppliers to ensure end-to-end project delivery, while managing all aspects of the production process.
- Confident challenging briefs and proposals to ensure the best possible results for clients.
- IT proficient, with advanced knowledge of MS Office.
- Excellent organisational skills, including a strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Approaches tasks with curiousity, always looking for opportunities to innovate and to improve.
- Appreciates the value and importance of working collaboratively with teams across the business.
- Able to adapt to a fast-moving business environment, with a positive approach to change.
- Excellent trouble-shooting and problem-solving skill set.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and tenacity.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbally and when putting together written correspondence, reports and presentations.
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 5:30pm
- Option to work 4 days from the office and 1 day remotely
Salary and benefits:
- £45,000 – 60,000
- Free parking or tube station within 2 minutes walk
- Flexible working
- Healthcare scheme
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- 25 days holiday