|Job Title:||Senior Secretary||Contract Type:|
|Location:||Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire|
|Salary:||£27,000 - £30,000|
|Contact Name:||Jaimini Tailor|
We’re proud to be recruiting an enterprising and skilled Secretary on behalf of a leading Leicestershire land and property business. This is an exciting opportunity to join a prestigious local company which is extremely well-respected in its specialist sector.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the firm’s management team and will play a crucial role in supporting the development of the firm’s business activities. They will be part of a small friendly team based in the main office in Melton Mowbray.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Carrying out effective diary management.
- Providing administrative support to Partners and Fee Earners.
- Dealing with all incoming and outgoing calls.
- Liaising with farm, estate and commercial tenants and contractors.
- Supporting the Office Manager with general daily duties.
- Provision of general secretarial support including preparation of correspondence.
- Assisting with virtual meetings i.e. Zoom.
- Attending internal meetings, taking minutes and writing up meeting notes to distribute to all partners.
- Touch Typing/Audio Typing experience desired.
- Maintenance of various internal databases and registers.
- Supporting partners in hosting periodic business events.
- Volunteering ideas for different marketing campaigns and assisting with the implementation of these.
- Assisting with management of residential, commercial and agricultural property.
- Preparing documentation associated with lease and licence renewals, rent reviews and valuations as instructed.
- Use of ‘Released’ property management software (similar to Landmark).
- Ensuring property management processes are adhered to through internal audit.
- Assisting with invoicing and collection of rents, debtor management for approximately 1250 tenancies, leases and licenses.
- Assisting with the management of deposits held under Tenant Deposit Schemes.
- All filing and administrative support to the above.
- Undertaking digital mapping activity as required.
- Carrying out other such similar duties that may be required from time to time.
Skills and experience required:
- Extensive previous secretarial experience, ideally within the property or estates sector or a similar industry.
- Strong IT skills including knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office – particularly in Excel.
- Friendly, helpful and positive approach.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Good organisation skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Understands the importance of discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to assess and initiate things independently.
Hours of work:
- Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:15pm (1 hour lunch break)
Salary and benefits:
- £27,000 – £30,000