We're delighted to be recruiting an experienced Account Manager for an innovative and well-reputed local company that have worked with, and supplied to a range of major fashion brand names for over forty years.
The successful applicant will demonstrate a proven track record and experience in managing high profile, high street and online fashion retail accounts, ideally in knitwear. You will be responsible for working with the design team producing samples then presenting to clients, and managing lifecycles through to delivery.
The role is based at a state-of-the-art design and sampling facility in an easily accessible Leicestershire location with free parking.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Effectively manage a number of high profile existing key accounts
- Identify new business opportunities and develop future business
- Grow and maintain relationships with existing customers and develop accounts
- Maximise sales opportunities in line with challenging forecasts
- Contribute to achieving company sales targets and objectives
- Work closely with the design team to develop new season ranges
- Present samples to clients and negotiate pricing, numbers and lead times
- Manage costs and resources to ensure targets are achieved within budget constraints
- Keep up to date with ever-changing market trends
- Oversee the end to end process, and manage critical path from concept to delivery
- Attend regular customer sales and review meetings
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum of three years' account management experience within knitwear or fashion
- Possess a sound understanding of the manufacturing process
- Previous experience within developing new business and growing accounts
- Excellent customer relationship building skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Good communication skills - written and verbal and with strong presentation skills
- Product development knowledge
- Monday to Thursday 8.00am to 5.00pm and Friday 8.00am to 4.00pm
- UK and European travel on a regular basis
Salary and benefits:
- Salary up to £35,000
- £10-15k realistic bonus + fully expensed company car
We are employment specialists concentrating on job roles within Office, Sales, Marketing, HR & Training and Accountancy & Finance. We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency helping businesses to employ and hire staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.