We're looking for a talented and enterprising Account Manager on behalf of a world-class material handling specialist, known for delighting their customers with industry-leading loading and unloading solutions.
Joining an industrious and cohesive team, you will provide outstanding client service management to a number of key accounts, building rapport and securing future business through the development of long-lasting professional relationships.
The role is based at the European Head Office in Corby, but you may also have involvement with clients throughout the continent, travelling internationally where required.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Proactively manage and develop an existing customer base of key accounts and distributor partners (UK and global)
- Identify new business opportunities, develop contacts and follow up leads for future prospects
- Respond to and qualify incoming enquiries and sales leads
- Prepare pricing proposals and process quotations
- Plan and conduct customer visits to ensure the achievement of sales objectives
- Develop strong relationships with existing customer base, introducing new products and services
- Pitch and present to prospective clients, secure sales and develop pipeline of new customers
- Develop and implement effective strategies focusing on key account development and new business opportunities
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding sales targets
- Reporting on forecasts, budgets and pipeline activity to Directors
Skills and experience required:
- Proven track record in a similar sales/account management role is desirable, ideally within the automation, engineering and/or manufacturing sectors
- Experience of managing both small and large accounts with the ability to maximise revenue
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills and commercial awareness
- Ability to build strong client relationships
- Committed, hardworking and flexible
- Confident, driven and self-motivated
Hours of work:
- Monday to Thursday 8.00am - 4.30pm
- Friday 8.00am - 3.30pm
Salary and benefits:
- £30,000 - £35,000 + commission scheme
- Company Car
We are employment specialists concentrating on job roles within Office, Sales, Marketing, HR & Training and Accountancy & Finance. We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency helping businesses to employ and hire staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.