We're looking for an enterprising Accounts Assistant to join a growing local company with an international presence.
As a leading distributor within the automotive sector, the business has a proud history as a pioneer in its industry and its subsidiary within the UK continuously innovate in order to increase its market share.
As a forward-thinking employer, they are seeking candidates who are wanting to progress. They actively encourage professional development and will offer study support to assist with AAT qualifications for the right candidate.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Management of sales and purchase ledger
- Bank reconciliations, posting and balancing
- Daily receipts processing (credit card/bank/ direct debits)
- Preparation of payment runs
- Raising of invoices
- Credit control
- Debtor reporting
- Assisting with the preparation of financial reports for Directors
- This role will include assisting with management accounts dependent upon the candidate
Skills and experience required:
- Sound working knowledge of accounting principles, preferably through AAT study
- Over 3 years of experience working in a similar role
- Excellent IT skills including Sage Line 50 and MS Office (Excel - pivot tables, VLOOKUP's & Formulas)
- A progressive, ambitious and forward-thinking approach
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment but comfortable working in a standalone accounts role with the support of other team members
- An approachable and engaging communicator
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.30pm (1-hour lunch) - 37.5 hours per week (flexibility on start time due to office opening hours 8.00am - 7.00pm)
Salary and benefits:
- £22,000 - £25,000
- 23 days annual holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Study support (AAT) for the right candidate
We are employment specialists concentrating on job roles within Office, Sales, Marketing, HR & Training and Accountancy & Finance. We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency helping businesses to employ and hire staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.