We're delighted to present a fantastic new Accounts Assistant opportunity with a forward-thinking Northamptonshire business, recently recognised as one of the fastest growing organisations in the region.
Known as leading experts in their industry, the company design and deliver sophisticated bespoke technology solutions to hundreds of delighted clients across a range of sectors.
The successful candidate will provide valuable support to the finance department and carry out a range of finance duties including (but not limited to) cash posting, credit control, cost centre reviews and balance sheet reconciliations.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Updating the cash book daily, reconciling entries and posting to the system
- Carrying out credit control for approximately 100 accounts, ensuring invoices are paid on time and resolving any queries quickly
- Reviewing the weekly employee expense claims for accuracy and validity, accounting for VAT correctly
- Analysing a selection of departments/cost centres monthly, comparing performance to budget and provide explanation for any variances, challenging the budget holders when required while acting as the main point of contact for these cost centres
- Performing balance sheet reconciliations on a selection of accounts, ensuring all balances are fully understood and managed monthly
- Preparing EC Sales listings
- Assisting with producing the annual budgets for a selection of departments and cost centres
- Assisting with year-end accounting and liaison with external auditors
- Taking active involvement in the management of the company stock including slow moving stock calculations, perpetual inventory counting and stock scrapping exercises etc.
- Helping with other areas of finance (Project Accounting, Purchase Ledger) and acting as cover when these clerks are not in the office
Skills and experience required:
- Working towards an AAT qualification
- Extensive previous experience in a role with similar responsibilities
- IT proficient, having a sound understanding of MS Office and the ability to adapt to new computer systems quickly - experience of Sage is desirable
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, with a high level of grammatical accuracy and a flair for presenting information clearly
- Naturally collaboratively team-worker, taking active participation in problem-solving and decision-making
- Self-motivated and well-organised, with strong prioritisation skills and a commitment to completing tasks
- A full, clean driving licence is necessary for the requirements of this role
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week
- Flexible working pattern; employees can start and finish any time between 8.00am - 6.00pm if they are present for the core hours of 10.00am - 4.00pm
Salary and benefits:
- £22,000 - £25,000 per annum
- 25 days annual holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- DIS x 3
- AAT study support for the right candidate
We are employment specialists concentrating on job roles within Office, Sales, Marketing, HR & Training and Accountancy & Finance. We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency helping businesses to employ and hire staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.