We're looking for an enterprising qualified or part-qualified AAT Assistant Accountant to work for a thriving independent travel company. You will provide support to the wider finance team in all areas of administration including processing customer payments, supplier payments and account reconciliations.
As a leading operator of special interest holidays, the business has a proud history as a pioneer in its industry and the team continuously innovate and diversify the range of creative adventures on offer to their delighted customer base.
As a forward-thinking employer actively encouraging professional development, the organisation generously offers study support to assist with the completion of further accountancy qualifications.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support to operations/sales teams for ERP system, accounts, process and reporting
- Sales/purchase ledger processing including account reconciliation
- Payment runs (multi-currency)
- Reconciliation of bank accounts (multi-currency)
- Nominal ledger journal completion and entry
- Forecasting of cash requirements
- Prepayment and accruals
- Debtor reporting and monitoring to reduce DSO's and bad debt
- Year-end reconciliation and supporting analysis for audit review
- Identification of cost saving
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent IT skills, particularly MS Office and Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables & Vlookups)
- Working in a unified manner as part of a team
- Progressive, ambitious and forward-thinking approach
- Approachable and engaging communicator
- An interest in working in the travel industry would be beneficial but is not essential
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday 9.00 am - 5.30 pm (1-hour lunch)
Salary and benefits:
- £20,000 - £24,000
- 20 days annual holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Accountancy Study support for the right candidate (materials, course and study/exam day)
We are employment specialists concentrating on job roles within Office, Sales, Marketing, HR & Training and Accountancy & Finance. We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency helping businesses to employ and hire staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.