We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Technical Sales Manager to join a growing organisation who provide testing solutions to the aerospace, automotive and pharmaceutical industries.
As part of their continued growth plan we are looking for a dynamic, ambitious and motivated individual to expand their current sales and market share.
It is anticipated you would spend typically 3 days per week on the road and you will be expected to cover exhibitions and attend supplier training as required.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Working the full sales cycle from identifying prospects and following up qualified leads, through to generating and bringing on new business
- Develop short and long-term strategies and sales plans for new account acquisition and management of established customers
- Arrange and attend sales visits and pitch to potential new clients, delivering demonstrations to highlight product capabilities
- Develop an understanding of the product applications to then design, quote for and deliver appropriate solutions
- Prepare presentations and proposals for clients
- Maintain contact with potential clients and develop relationships through to sale
- Work closely with the Marketing Department to coordinate promotional activity, and attend exhibitions
- Work with the in-house Telesales team generating sales leads for follow up
Skills and experience required:
- Proven track record in selling high value capital equipment into engineering and technical industries
- Sales experience within metrology would be advantageous but not essential
- Ability to understand customer requirements and identify suitable products
- Excellent negotiation skills
- IT skills sufficient to set up demonstrations and discuss the integration of instruments with customer systems
- Self-starter, ability to set own strategy and business plan
- Exceptional relationship management skills
- Highly organised and strong attention to detail
- Confident, professional and approachable
- Full driving licence essential
Salary and benefits:
- £32,000 - £38,000 basic
- £12,000 estimated OTE + company bonus
- Company car
We are employment specialists concentrating on job roles within Office, Sales, Marketing, HR & Training and Accountancy & Finance. We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency helping businesses to employ and hire staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.