We're proud to present an unmissable opportunity for a talented Technical Sales Manager who is ready for the chance to rapidly progress their career whilst working with a cutting-edge range of metrology products.
As leading experts within their specialist industry, the team are known innovators who enjoy seeking out the latest technologies and designs in order to delight clients with effective and cost-efficient solutions.
Working as part of this ambitious and customer-focused organisation, the successful applicant will take a proactive and self-motivated approach in order to secure future business and expand market-share within a defined geographical area - focusing on new business opportunities along the M62 corridor, covering North Derbyshire/South Sheffield area, up to Newcastle. As part of this interesting and varied opportunity, it is anticipated you would spend typically 3 days per week on the road. You will also attend exhibitions, trade shows and deliver supplier training where required.
Crucially, we're looking for highly experienced and ambitious sales professionals who are passionate about the entire business development process, and who enjoy working through the sales cycle from start to finish, using their outstanding client relationship skills to secure long-term repeated business.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Working the full sales cycle from identifying prospects and following up qualified leads, through to generating and bringing on new business
- Develop short and long-term strategies and sales plans for new account acquisition and management of established customers
- Arrange and attend sales visits and pitch to potential new clients, delivering demonstrations to highlight product capabilities
- Develop an understanding of the product applications to then design, quote for and deliver appropriate solutions
- Prepare presentations and proposals for clients
- Maintain contact with potential clients and develop relationships through to sale
- Work closely with the Marketing department to coordinate promotional activity, and attend exhibitions
- Work with in-house Telesales team generating sales leads for follow up
Skills and experience required:
- Proven track record in selling high value capital equipment into engineering and technical industries
- Demonstrates a genuine interest in the products and the industries in which they are applied
- Sales experience within metrology would be advantageous but not essential
- Ability to understand customer requirements and identify suitable products
- Excellent negotiation skills
- IT skills sufficient to set up demonstrations and discuss integration of instruments with customer systems
- Self-starter, ability to set own strategy and business plan
- Exceptional relationship management skills
- Highly organised and strong attention to detail
- Confident, professional and approachable
- Full driving licence essential
Salary and benefits:
- Up to £35,000 basic +realistic OTE of an additional £10,000 - £15,000
- Company car
We are employment specialists concentrating on job roles within Office, Sales, Marketing, HR & Training and Accountancy & Finance. We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency helping businesses to employ and hire staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.