We're delighted to be recruiting for a coveted opportunity to progress your accountancy career within an innovative technology business.
Well reputed in their industry for offering best-in-class products and services, this forward-thinking company is looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their team in a varied role providing support with a range of accountancy-related administrative duties.
The successful applicant will demonstrate excellent attention to detail, and a flair for working with, and analysing, numerical information.
The role presents real opportunities for progression and development and you will be actively encouraged to work towards further accountancy qualifications should you wish to do so.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Purchase ledger processing and supplier statement reconciliations
- Preparation of supplier payment runs
- Processing of staff expenses
- Bank reconciliations
- Query resolution
- VAT returns
- Posting of journals
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum of 1 year experience within a similar role
- Currently studying AAT Level 2
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and an accountancy software system
- Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Willingness to develop personally and take on board additional responsibilities
- Extremely organised and self-motivated, with strong interpersonal skills, able to work in a small team
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm (37.5 hour working week)
Salary and benefits:
- £18,000 - £20,000 per annum
- AAT study support
- 22 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Private medical care
- Healthy benefits package
We are employment specialists concentrating on job roles within Office, Sales, Marketing, HR & Training and Accountancy & Finance. We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency helping businesses to employ and hire staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.