We're currently welcoming applications from finance professionals who are looking for the chance to learn and progress within a well-established and community-focused banking organisation.
You'll join a friendly and cohesive team to play an important part in supporting the management of the day-to-day accounting functions at the heart of this well-reputed local business. In addition, as a forward-thinking and supportive employer the company will also encourage you to pursue further training, and empower you to participate in a wider range of strategic projects. The job presents an enormous opportunity to broaden your skill set and enjoy a truly varied working week.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Nominal ledger ownership and production of monthly management accounts to trial balance.
- Producing monthly cost centre reports and issuing to management as required.
- Liaising with budget holders on monthly basis to report and understand cost variances.
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual report and accounts.
- Ensuring that bank statements are reconciled on a daily basis by the Finance Assistant and providing support to ensure any discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner.
- Maintenance of bank mandates.
- Acting as a main point of contact for department queries and maintaining strong relationships with colleagues across the business.
- Responsibilities for monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensuring monthly payroll is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Share knowledge and support / train other members of the team
- Assist with ad hoc projects and tasks
- Ensuring the customer journey results in good customer outcomes.
- Preserving the security of customer and employee data.
Skills and experience required:
- Extensive relevant career experience, either in a similar AFM role, or as a skilled accounts assistant or financial administrator who is considering taking the next step in their career
- Qualified to (or studying towards) AAT Level 4. The company will actively and financially support AAT and further professional accounting qualifications
- Confident in the use of Sage Payroll
- Demonstrates a good level of IT proficiency with a sound working knowledge of Excel and the ability to create pivot tables and vlookups (as part of the selection process you will be required to complete an excel assessment)
- Able to give examples of having worked with outstanding attention to detail to perform tasks where accuracy was paramount.
- Enjoys working as part of a team with a pro-active, positive and "can'do" approach.
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm with 1 hour lunch break (35 hour working week)
Salary and benefits:
- £25,000 - £30,000
- 24 days annual holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Discretionary bonus