A busy private estate team based in beautiful rural surroundings are looking for a talented bookkeeper / administrator to join them on a part-time basis.
The focus of the position is in assisting the Estates Operations Manager to maintain financial records for various business interests.
The varied nature of the role requires applicants to demonstrate a flair for prioritisation and an interest in managing a range of responsibilities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Working across multiple companies completing accounts up to trial balance including:
- Monthly & quarterly VAT Return
- Recording financial transactions
- Handling accounts payable and receivable
- Payment runs
- Maintaining company ledgers
- CIS Returns
- Credit control
- Carrying out general administrative duties including responding to emails, typing of correspondence, ordering of stationery and supplies and keeping health and safety records up-to-date
- Liaising with contractors completing maintenance work
- Maintaining the insurance for vehicles and properties
- Providing holiday cover for the Estates Operations Manager
Skills and experience required:
- Extensive proven experience in a similar accounts role
- Proficient in the use of Sage Line 50 and MS Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Work as an approachable and helpful team member, happy to complete additional hours where required to cover holidays
- Effective communication skills, both verbally and in writing
Hours of work:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 9 am - 3 pm (12 hours per week)
Salary and benefits:
- £13.00 per hour
- 20 days annual leave - pro rata
- On-site car parking
We are employment specialists concentrating on job roles within Office, Sales, Marketing, HR & Training and Accountancy & Finance. We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency helping businesses to employ and hire staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.