We are currently supporting the recruitment of a Business Development Manager for an innovative and forward-thinking Northampton business. As an industry leader in e-commerce fulfilment services, the company is uniquely positioned to enhance customer experience by improved order fulfilment and inventory management, via an award-winning software solution.
The successful applicant will be a true 'hunter' in every sense, focused on developing new business opportunities and building loyal and lasting client relationships in order to manage an ongoing long-term pipeline of large scale opportunities.
As such, we're looking for someone with solution sales and commercial leadership experience who will take the lead in the company's UK Sales Operation.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Follow up leads and new enquiries generated by the marketing department, qualifying scale of potential opportunities
- Generate own pipeline of leads and identify additional opportunities to tender for new business
- Understand requirements and present tailored solutions to prospective clients
- Arrange and attend sales meetings to pitch to potential new clients
- Deliver online demonstrations to highlight software capabilities
- Prepare presentations and proposals for clients, demonstrating value added features and ROI
- Maintain contact with potential clients and develop relationships through to sale
- Forecast and manage sales pipeline, working to achieve objectives and exceed company targets
- Motivate, coach and develop the sales team
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in solutions/SAAS sales
- Previous experience working within eCommerce and fulfilment industries
- Proven track record in growing SME businesses
- Good leadership skills and experience in coaching and developing successful sales teams
- Commercially astute and strategic thinking
- Experience in tender writing and bidding for tender opportunities
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ambitious, target driven and tenacious
Salary and benefits:
- £45,000 - £50,000 with an OTE of £95,000
We are employment specialists concentrating on job roles within Office, Sales, Marketing, HR & Training and Accountancy & Finance. We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency helping businesses to employ and hire staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.