We're excited to present a fantastic opportunity for an enterprising sales professional who is ready for the chance to rapidly progress their career whilst working with the latest innovative surface analysis technology.
As experts within their industry, this forward-thinking company are known innovators who enjoy seeking out the latest technologies and designs in order to impress clients with effective and cost-efficient solutions. As such, they have a growing portfolio of prestigious partnerships, and are the UK agents for a world-leading manufacturer of surface analysis and metrology tools.
As a key member of our sales team the successful applicant will be responsible for sales of surface analysis solutions across a specific geographic area. Taking a proactive and self-motivated approach, you will be responsible for all aspects of sales, from application and qualification to point of sale, configuration and training with end users. As part of this interesting and varied opportunity, it is anticipated you would spend typically two days per week on the road visiting prospective and existing customers.
Crucially, we're looking for highly experienced and ambitious sales professionals who are passionate about the entire business development process, and who enjoy working through the sales cycle from start to finish, using their outstanding client relationship skills to secure long-term repeated business.
Duties and responsibilities:
With support from the company, the job role will comprise of the following:
- Taking responsibility for all aspects of the sales process for a specific product range
- Delivering product demonstrations to customers
- Developing a thorough understanding of the technologies offered and the applications to which they are suited so that you can quote for and deliver appropriate solutions to each customer
- Learning how to be able to explain the technical and commercial justification for your solution and
deliver user training
- Carrying out Business Development, working with in-house telesales to generate leads
- Managing opportunities using the internal CRM system, ensuring all are progressed to close
- Maintaining regular contact with the company's marketing department to assist in the promotion of surface analysis products and technologies
- Attending exhibitions and tradeshows to demonstrate products and generate sales leads
- Covering application work to support the sales process
- Staying well-informed of industry news and competitor activity
- Working to target-driven objectives with a commission structure linked to results
- Training colleagues in the capabilities of the product range to enable them to signpost sales leads
Skills and experience required:
- We are looking for an enterprising and ambitious sales person with a background in B2B sales of high-value capital equipment into the engineering and / or technical markets
- A degree, qualification or extensive experience in engineering or STEM subject would be an advantage
- Ability to understand industrial processes and technical drawings
- A track record of technical sales success and a drive to win orders
- Interest in our products and supporting technology
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to quickly understand customer requirements and identify suitable products
- IT skills sufficient to set up demonstrations and discuss integration of instruments with customer systems
- Full driving licence
Salary and benefits:
- Up to £35,000 dependent on experience
- Company car
- Pension scheme
- Modern, purpose built office and showroom facility
We are employment specialists concentrating on job roles within Office, Sales, Marketing, HR & Training and Accountancy & Finance. We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency helping businesses to employ and hire staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.