We're delighted to be assisting a leading local professional services provider with the recruitment of an enterprising and industrious Business Manager.
As a key member of the leadership team, the successful applicant will not only take responsibility for all financial management requirements, but will also ensure the provision of a seamless administration support function throughout the business.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work with a forward-thinking organisation who are passionate about their team and the services they provide.
Duties and responsibilities:
You will enjoy a varied and interesting role, supporting the business through many operational responsibilities:
- Overseeing client account administration, ensuring that proposal documents are issued promptly, direct debits are accurately entered and terms are communicated effectively and legally.
- Taking responsibility for all aspects of financial management; including cashflow updates, sales and purchase ledger processes, liaison with the bookkeeper and accountant, and the production of company KPI reports
- Managing members of the administration team, and carrying out regular performance reviews
- Arranging and chairing regular company meetings
- Ensuring that all areas of the business are provided with adequate administrative support
- Carrying out all required HR administration with complete compliance and confidentiality
- Where required, acting as a PA to the Managing Director
- Handling any matters relating to facilities; such as arranging maintenance, updating safety certificates and liaising with landlords
- Managing and reviewing all suppliers to the business (such as IT providers, insurers and utility companies) and negotiating all annual contracts for the best prices and service
Skills and experience required:
- Sound knowledge of accounting procedures, coupled with having previously taken responsibility for the financial management of a small business
- Experience in supervising a team and carrying out people management processes
- Prior examples of liaising with and managing suppliers, and of negotiating the best deals
- Proficient in the use of SAGE systems and MS Office
- Adept at entering data quickly and accurately
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organise, prioritise and delegate effectively
- Takes a positive, problem-solving approach
- Confident chairing meetings
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm (30 minute lunch break) - 37.5 hour working week
- The hours can be flexible so if reduced hours were required then these could be considered (minimum of 30 hours working week)
Salary and benefits:
- Private Healthcare
- Heavily subsidised gym membership
- On-site car parking