We're looking for an outstanding leader with real commercial vision and a clear sense of strategical direction to join a rapidly growing East Midlands tech company and drive the business well beyond its expansion goals and revenue targets.
The objective of this role will be to ensure the commercial success of the organisation through well-planned business development, strong leadership and above all, a commitment to customer focus.
You'll join a hardworking and ambitious executive team who welcome honest feedback and actively encourage innovation. They'll want to hear all about your proven track record of accelerating growth and turnover, and will invite you to apply your expertise and acumen in the conception and delivery of a dynamic growth plan incorporating exciting new sales, marketing and customer experience initiatives.
This is a truly unique opportunity to play a pivotal part in the evolution of an up-and-coming industry disruptor.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Driving the development and execution of the commercial strategy for the business
- Representing the needs of customers, providing an exceptional and consistent customer journey from start to finish
- Directing and managing market competitiveness, pricing and channel strategies for growth for maximum profitability in line with the company's visions and values
- Making sure key divisions throughout the organisation are aligned to meet its commercial objectives within the overall business plans
- Taking overall responsibility for meeting sales revenue targets
- Integrating the sales and marketing function to support the business vision and sales ambition by developing an effective sales and marketing strategy
- Attending industry events and conferences to enhance the business profile and generate new business leads
- Line and performance management of the Commercial, Marketing and Customer Service departments, including setting targets and coaching
Skills and experience required:
We're looking for someone familiar with working in a fast-growth environment, who demonstrates a flair for navigating the challenges faced by scale-ups. We'll also be looking for evidence of the following attributes and experience:
- A proven track record of success in a previous senior leadership role is key; we'll be asking about your accomplishments to date and will be particularly interested in any influential involvement in the growth of a mid-market company (£25m - £100m t/o), ideally offering a business services, tech or SaaS product
- Expertise in (and evidence of) developing effective business-to-business sales and marketing strategies
- Able to give examples of achieving CAGR in excess of 25% pa
- Adept at managing and coordinating client services, sales and marketing functions
- Skillful in establishing and executing critical plans
- Prior development of a successful outbound sales and marketing model
- Perceptive and strategic thinker, with a high level of commercial acumen
- Extensive experience in agile development environments and value-maximisation work prioritisation
- Highly-developed data skills - adept at analysis, reporting and decision-making
- Accomplished and inspiring manager, confident building cohesive remote teams
- Experience of venture capital and private equity investments is desirable
- Previous involvement in digital marketing would be an advantage
Salary and benefits:
- £100,000 - £130,000 basic + comprehensive benefits package
- Flexible working
- Healthcare plan
- Company laptop
- Pension (5% matched contributions)
- Share options
- Benefits package
We are employment specialists concentrating on job roles within Office, Sales, Marketing, HR & Training and Accountancy & Finance. We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency helping businesses to employ and hire staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.