We are currently recruiting for an experienced Civil Litigation Solicitor for an established and professional full service law firm. Excellent communication skills and a consistently good billing record is essential as well as the ability to assist with the firm's business development.
The ideal Civil Litigation Solicitor will have had at least 3 years PQE and will have advised on a range of contentious matters. A commitment to business development and client networking would also be desirable. The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.
Duties and responsibilities:
Working in a small team environment you will advise on a range of contentious matters to include:
- Contractual disputes
- Housing disputes
- Property litigation
- Boundary disputes
- Personal injury work
Skills and experience required:
- PQE 1 year + or paralegal with litigation experience
- Experience in running a good caseload with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of substantive and procedural law
- Strong written and oral advocacy skills
- Analytical and logical reasoning abilities
- Ability to synthesize complex legal and factual materials
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of legal research techniques and software
- Business development skills
- Negotiation skills
- General civil litigation experience would be beneficial.
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary