Our well-established precision components manufacturing client is embarking on a major lean development programme. This programme is supported throughout all management teams and the creation of a Continuous Improvement (CI) position at their Leicestershire site is sponsored by the Main Board. The successful candidate will have a desire to develop their career with an aptitude for self-development and progression within this role.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Identify, lead and direct operational excellence projects to ensure the continuous improvement of the plant.
- Analyse and measure the effectiveness of complex business processes and develop sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements
- Research best business practices within and outside the organisation to establish benchmark data
- Collect and analyse process data to develop practices and procedures that enhance safety, increase productivity and reduce costs.
- Determine how new information technologies can support re-engineering business processes
- Coach and train employees in knowledge and skills to apply CI and process control concepts and tools.
- Promote a culture of process improvement, reduction in waste and continuous
Skills and experience required:
- Significant experience in operating system development and deployment with a large engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Expert in Lean Manufacturing, Six/Sigma/DMAIC methodology - including relevant certification i.e. Six Sigma, Black Belt.
- Project Management skills, delivering Operational Excellence/ Continuous Improvement projects
- Strong Change Management skills
- Highly driven and hands-on
- Experience in either Aerospace, Automotive or similar engineering environment is desirable
Salary and benefits:
- £42,000 - £52,000 + quarterly bonus +benefits