Commissioning Engineer's with Conveying, loading, palletising, packaging, sortation and distribution experience is now urgently required to join a leader in its field synonymous with manufacturing pioneering intralogistics systems for the global market.
This role would welcome applications from individuals who have a strong electrical service and/or maintenance background seeking to undertake a more varied position to support a rapidly expanding international team responsible for the commissioning of controls equipment at various installation sites across UK and Europe.
Key Responsibilities of the successful Commissioning Engineer:
- PLC hardware/software commissioning solutions for Materials Handling Equipment, Automated Warehouses and Baggage Handling Systems.
- To produce documentation to support design including Functional Design, Testing specifications and commissioning plans.
- Use of CAD tools to view and edit drawings.
- Identify & manage the rectification of any software, hardware and electrical faults.
- Automation network set up and testing; safety check and sign-off - Ensure implementation and handover of the final approved system.
- Electrical Engineering background; degree qualified or ONC in electrical discipline.
- Previous experience of commissioning and testing in an industrial environment i.e. Baggage Handling Systems, Automated Warehouse Solutions, Packaging, Conveyor systems or Materials Handling Equipment.
- Experience in machine/process control
- Hands on experience programming and commissioning one or more PLC & SCADA systems (Siemens, Rockwell or Mitsubishi), not limited to Hardware, Networking concepts & hardware & industrial drives.
- Flexible to undertake UK/EU travel (Average 60%)
Salary and Benefits:
- Circa £45k basic salary + expenses + overtime
- Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + statutory
- Fringe benefits
Real career prospects exist in this expanding sector of the engineering services market, joining a dynamic, fast forward company who offer modern facilities and individual investment. Commutable within the following areas: Coventry, Leicester, Birmingham, Bicester, Banbury, Milton Keynes, Oxford, Buckingham, Kettering, Bedford, Northampton, Daventry, Rugby, Nottingham & not limited to Home based options for Manchester, Liverpool.
All applications for this position must be eligible to live and work unrestricted in the UK - Vanilla Recruitment are unable to assist with the award of Visas of UK Work Permits at this time.