JOB TITLE: Control Systems Engineer
LOCATION: West Midlands
SALARY: c£45k Salary & Excellent Company Benefits
Due to continuing success, our client a leader in innovative design & implementation of bespoke PLC controlled automation solutions for the Automotive & Aerospace sector, is now urgently seeking a Control Systems Engineer with solid PLC & HMI experience to join a professional engineering team working on a wide range of machinery based projects.
This role requires an understanding of the project lifecycle from concept through to completion incorporating Design Documentation, configuration of PLC/SCADA/HMI software, testing and commissioning.
Principal Accountabilities of Control Systems Engineer:
- Designing electrical systems and PLC/HMI software for machine tool and automation projects
- In addition, you will be responsible for preparing electrical and equipment Bill of Materials
- Commissioning machine equipment from power-up right through to completion
- Final machine commissioning at customer site (UK and overseas)
- Preparing machine documentation (e.g. user manuals) and providing technical support to customers, sales, service and production departments
- Ability to design and develop PLC code ideally Siemens S7 and/or Allen Bradley (PAC) software
- Detailed understanding of control systems hardware and design principles - functional safety principles & safety programming
- Ability to design and develop HMI/SCADA systems, previous experience of working with motion control via servo drives
- Design/modify electrical schematics using AutoCAD and/or Eplan P8
- Valid UK passport and flexibility and willingness to undertake local, European and International travel during project commissioning phase
Commutable within the following areas: Coventry, Leicester, Birmingham, Tamworth, Wolverhampton, Solihull, Ashby-de-le-Zouch, Derby, Leamington Spa, Burton Upon-Trent, Walsall, Stratford and Rugby; In return, you can expect a salary c£45k + Company benefits.
All applications for this position must be eligible to live and work unrestricted in the UK - Vanilla Recruitment are unable to assist with the award of Visas of UK Work Permits at this time.