We're excited to be recruiting for the opportunity to join an innovative and well-established company based in Corby.
As part of a focused growth plan, this forward-thinking business is looking for a customer-focused and motivated individual who will develop an extensive knowledge of the product range in order to suggest alternative solutions which satisfy customer demand.
We're interested in hearing from applicants who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Perhaps you have a technical degree related to engineering (along with some commercial experience via a placement year or post-graduate employment) which has given you the expertise and knowledge to confidently develop solutions for business customers.
- Alternatively, you may already work within a similar industry (in a technical or engineering capacity) and be excited by the prospect of moving into a customer service focused role.
- Or thirdly, you may have already started to build a successful track record in technical customer service within an engineering or manufacturing environment, and have an interest in applying that experience to a career in a similar sector.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Delivering excellent customer service by providing effective alternatives to out of stock/discontinued products.
- Maintaining and updating alternative product databases.
- Taking responsibility for maintaining an up-to-date personal knowledge of the product range, as well as an understanding of internal systems and processes.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues across the business to ensure commitment to meeting the customer promise.
- Demonstrating Continuous Improvement methodology and proactively seeking opportunities to improve processes, generate growth and improve the customer experience.
- Driving Continuous Improvement within the business, along with acting as a champion for customer service.
Skills and experience required:
Applicants should meet one or more of the criteria listed in the introductory job summary above, along with the following:
- Proficient IT skills with good knowledge of packages such as MS Excel and internal databases / CRM systems.
- Works with a self-motivated and customer-focused approach
- Evidence of working in situations where a highly organised approach and strong attention to detail are paramount.
- Demonstrates a confident, professional and approachablecommunication style.
- Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week
Salary and benefits:
- £18,000 - £21,000
- Annual discretionary bonus + excellent benefits