We are currently supporting the recruitment of an experienced Customer Services Officer within a forward thinking and successful service provider to support their ongoing growth. Can you make a difference and add value? If so, this dynamic and established company would like to hear from you.
Please note that prior experience of working within a commercial customer service office-based role is essential.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To provide high-quality customer service through wide-ranging customer support and interaction
- Managing savings account withdrawals and closures, along with fixed rate bond maturities and reinvestments, while meeting customer needs and ensuring compliance with product terms and conditions.
- Engaging with customers withdrawing significant funds, or closing accounts, to enhance our level of customer insight, and to support stronger customer retention.
- Responding to customer telephone and email enquiries, maintaining their high standards for communication and customer service
- Ensuring full compliance with relevant legal and regulatory requirements and appropriate business policies when engaging with customers and undertaking requested actions on their accounts.
- Ensuring knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements are up to date at all times
- Reporting suspicious activity by customers or other members of staff to the compliance team
Skills and experience required:
- Extensive experience of working within a commercial customer service office-based role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a highly organised and efficient approach
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to deliver work to a consistently high level of accuracy
- Knowledge of appropriate policies and regulations, including Conduct Risk, Treating Customers Fairly, Anti-Money Laundering, Counter-Terrorism Financing and the Financial Services Compensation Scheme is desirable, but not essential
- Previous experience within the financial services sector is desirable, but not essential
- Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm (1-hour lunch) 35 hours per week
Salary and benefits:
- Generous pension contribution
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Bonus scheme
- Private medical, life & critical illness cover
- Interest-free season ticket and personal loans