A new opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Repairs Administrator to work for our client within the reactive maintenance industry. We are looking to recruit a confident individual with an excellent telephone manner and the ability to communicate at all levels to be able to deal with incoming queries from business customers, relating to technical equipment.
To be successful in this role you will need to be IT savvy, hold the ability to communicate confidently at all levels and have prior experience working within a fast-paced, high pressure customer service or administration-based role.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Liaising with customers and engineers, by phone and email, to supply spares, repairs and upgrades to customers.
- Working closely with the support desk engineer to come up with solutions to customer enquiries.
- Acting as the customers' champion, ensuring that they are kept informed as cases progress.
- Recording all interactions with customers and maintaining databases and spreadsheets.
- Ordering equipment, spares and other components.
- Monitoring your own as well as the department's performance against agreed targets
- General office and administrative duties including holiday cover for the other roles
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent people skills with an engaging telephone manner
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail
- Lateral thinking and a willingness to take initiative
- Proficient with Word, Outlook and Excel
- Able to work quickly and accurately
- GCSE English and Mathematics
- A basic familiarity with engineering terms (desirable)
- A previous customer-facing or telesales role (desirable)
- Experience of delivering to targets and KPIs (desirable)
- A Levels and / or a degree (desirable)
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm with half an hour for lunch
Salary and benefits:
- £20,000 - £22,000
- Onsite parking
- Varied and stimulating work with full training
- A supportive team
- Modern, clean office space