We are currently welcoming applications from experienced European Technical Sales Managers seeking real variety and autonomy in their next role, with the opportunity to establish lucrative new business relationships by travelling extensively to meet corporate customers and distributors throughout France and across Europe.
The successful applicant will oversee and expand the sales operation within the France region by visiting and selling directly to end users and OEMs across their territory. There will also be an additional responsibility for growing the company's distributor network to maximise sales and profit.
The company are a leading and well-established manufacturer specialising in reels for industrial, commercial and professional applications which are distributed worldwide. As such, for the right individual with ambition and commitment, there is fantastic potential for successfully securing a great deal of future business.
Whilst the company's European office is in the UK, and the client would consider a UK based candidate, this is a European role and requires the successful candidate to be working predominantly in France, with extensive travel across France, Italy and Spain. Also, due to the requirements of the role, the successful candidate must be fluent in French both in verbal and written communications.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop a strategic business plan and implement sales strategy
- Working the full sales cycle from identifying prospects through to generating and bringing on new business
- Through research, identify and compile target prospect lists and generate own leads
- Develop short-term and long-term strategies and sales plans for new account acquisition and management and development of all established customers
- Arrange and attend sales visits and pitch to potential new clients and distributors, this will involve travel to customer sites in France and across Europe
- Prepare presentations and proposals for clients and negotiate pricing
- Maintain contact with potential clients and develop relationships through to sale
- Build relationships with distributors and grow networks into your French and European territory
- Responsible for additional sales and marketing activities such as attending trade shows, etc.
- Record all sales activity and report on results
Skills and experience required:
- Must be fluent in French, both verbal and written communication skills
- A proven track record in sales and business development within an industrial or manufacturing industry
- Technical sales experience selling to end users, OEMs and through distributors
- Enjoys a role with frequent and extensive travel opportunities overseas
- Able to give examples of sales achievements within B2B environments on an international scale
- Demonstrate a history of skilful negotiation
- Has taken on relationship management responsibility within a previous role, with evidence of developing business and securing sales successfully through building an excellent and lasting rapport with clients
- Prior experience of designing a business plan and working towards it in a self-motivated, organised and ambitious manner
- Holds a full driving licence
Salary and benefits:
- Up to 55,000 Euros + commission. OTE 70,000 Euros (uncapped)
- Up to £47,000 basic + commission. OTE £60,000 (uncapped)