We are currently welcoming applications from experienced European Technical Sales Managers seeking real variety and autonomy in their next role, with the opportunity to establish lucrative new business relationships by travelling extensively to meet corporate customers and distributors throughout Germany and across Europe.
The successful applicant will oversee and expand the sales operation within the Germany region by visiting and selling directly to end users and OEMs across their territory. There will also be an additional responsibility for growing the company's distributor network to maximise sales and profit.
The company are a leading and well-established manufacturer specialising in reels for industrial, commercial and professional applications which are distributed worldwide. As such, for the right individual with ambition and commitment, there is fantastic potential for successfully securing a great deal of future business.
This is a European Sales role and requires the successful candidate to be living and working in Germany or Eastern Europe, with extensive travel across Germany, Austria, Switzerland and the Czech Republic. Also, due to the requirements of the role, the successful candidate must be fluent in German both in verbal and written communications.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop strategic business plan and implement sales strategy
- Working the full sales cycle from identifying prospects through to generating and bringing on new business
- Through research, identify and compile target prospect lists and generate own leads
- Develop short-term and long-term strategies and sales plans for new account acquisition and management and development of all established customers
- Arrange and attend sales visits and pitch to potential new clients and distributors, this will involve travel to customer sites across Europe
- Prepare presentations and proposals for clients and negotiate pricing
- Maintain contact with potential clients and develop relationships through to sale
- Development of sales and marketing activities such as trade shows, company newsletters, presentations, website and direct marketing activities
- Record all sales activity and report on results
Skills and experience required:
- Must be fluent in German both in verbal and written communications
- Must have a proven track record in sales within industrial or manufacturing industry
- Must have technical sales experience/experience selling engineering products, and to distributors
- Experience of selling to B2B environments
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Exceptional client management skills and ability to build strong relationships
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to self-manage and set own business plan
- Highly organised and strong attention to detail
- Confident, professional and approachable
- Ambitious, hardworking and driven
- Full driving licence essential
Salary and benefits:
- Up to 65,000 Euros + commission. OTE 80,000 Euros
- Up to £55,000 + commission. OTE £70,000