This role is offered as an 8-month fixed term contract. Please note that due to the requirements of the business, applicants should be available immediately.
An exciting opportunity to work for a leading events company who design and produce exceptional private and corporate events around the UK. Specialising in class-leading Christmas Parties, our client is currently dealing with high business volumes and approaching their busy peak prior to the festive season. Due to this they are looking to recruit an experienced administrator, with a proactive and enthusiastic approach to providing exceptional customer service and administrative support associated with all Christmas party event bookings. The successful candidate will have excellent customer service and administrative skills coupled with the ability to work within a fast pace, driven and fun team environment.
A confident, friendly and professional telephone manner is essential for this role, along with a good level of IT proficiency and the ability to adapt to new computer systems quickly and accurately.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Making proactive outbound calls to clients who booked venues the previous year and gauging if they are interested in booking a party event for this season
- Creation of mail merge to send out brochures for all four venues being showcased for events
- Taking direct bookings over the telephone and via email
- Dealing with customers from their first enquiry right through to their Christmas party night
- Raising invoices and taking payments in respect of customer bookings
- All aspects of general administration associated with supporting the Events Team
- General administrative support; answering telephone enquiries, producing documents and correspondence, receiving and sorting emails, along with any other clerical duties as required
Skills and experience required:
- Educated to GCSE/A Level or equivalent
- Confident and relaxed telephone manner with excellent communication skills
- Previous customer service/support experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and a practical PC user
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Ability to communicate and build rapport with people
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Salary and benefits:
- £8.00 per hour
- Hours of work are 09:00am - 17:00pm with a 30-minute lunch break