Our client, based near to Corby, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Export Manager. You will responsible for the development and management of all overseas markets in order to achieve targeted International sales growth.
This requires the department to process and manage all export orders from existing and new distributors and central to this objective is clear communication with overseas markets.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee Export Sales Coordinators, Export Administrator and Packaging Coordinator on day to day basis.
- Work closely with other departments, primarily operations, to oversee daily execution of orders, packaging introductions and distributor technical or other enquiries.
- Ensure timely processing and implementation of all export orders to time and budget
- To be responsible for Health & Safety within the Export department and helping others understand any issues regarding H&S.
- Contribute fully as a member of the company's Management Team.
- Lead and performance manage the Export staff, ensuring that appraisals and relevant training/development activities are undertaken.
- Undertake other duties and tasks that from time to time may be allocated to the jobholder that are appropriate to the grade of the job.
- Comply with all relevant internal rules, policy and procedures, including those relating to Health & Safety, Data Protection, confidentiality etc., and all those contained within the Employee Handbook.
Skills and experience required:
- Working knowledge of Export process and procedures, including documentation
- Understanding of packaging development for overseas markets
- Previous experience of successful team management
- Understanding of Export models and strategy
- Strong inter departmental communication
- Past experience of managing independent overseas distributors (useful but not essential)
- Previous experience of exports in a food environment.
- To have undertaken a similar Export management role (within an Export department is desirable)
- Experience of Export order processing
- Minimum 2-5 years experience
- Positive attitude to work
- Must be a team player
- Monday to Friday 09.00am -17.00pm (1 hours lunch break) 35 hours per week
Salary and benefits:
- £35,000 per annum
- Discretionary Profit Share Scheme with a bonus of up to 15% of their annual salary
- Westfield Health Scheme
- Birthday cards and a Love2Shop Card - £50 for a normal birthday and £100 for a special birthday with a 0 at the end i.e. 40th
- Christmas shut down where employees are given 3 days discretionary company holidays
- 20 days annual holiday plus Bank holidays