FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (MACHINE TOOL)
Location: Home Based
Areas: UK Wide
Salary: c£32k OTE £40k + Car, Pension, Laptop, Phone
Technical: CNC & PLC - Fanuc, Siemens & Siemens
Sector: CNC Machine Tool, Various Industries
Experienced Electrical CNC Machine Tool Service Engineers are now Urgently required to join a well-established Machine Tool service provider to carry out a variety of service activities including; machine breakdowns, audits, repairs, refurbishment, relocation and calibration. We require an experienced Service Engineer with a comprehensive working knowledge of vertical and horizontal CNC machining centres, 5-Axis machines and multi-axis CNC lathes.
- Service, Repair and fault-finding utilising both electrical and mechanical control systems
- Extensive customer liaison to ensure significant productivity and performance improvements across a wide variety of CNC controlled machinery
- Ability to set and adjust CNC parameters and perform drive optimisation
- Candidates must possess strong electrical knowledge, be adept at fault-finding, experienced working with pneumatic and hydraulic systems, and familiar with some variety CNC control systems: including Fanuc, Siemens and Heidenhain
- Good working electrical knowledge of CNC machine tools
- Good working knowledge of CNC control systems, Drives and PLC's
- Knowledge of PLC programming, servo drives and programming would be an advantage
- Ability to set and adjust CNC parameters, perform drive optimisation would be advantageous.
- Have a good understanding of machine geometry and alignment is advantageous
- Good experience operating a variety of machine control systems
- Experience with CNC machines would be a distinct advantage
- The role requires extensive travel both in the UK and at time overseas, with regular weekend work
Areas: Nottingham, Worcester, Milton Keynes, Leicester, Birmingham and Coventry - Central England North of M25 up to a line across from Nottingham
In return, our client offer's the opportunity to join a specialist machine tool service provider who offers an extensive range of services for major OEM's. This is an excellent opening for individuals with the desire to join a unique company with a long, established history who are leading the way in innovative technology and can offer training, progression and on-going development.
All applications for this position must be eligible to live and work unrestricted in the UK - Vanilla Recruitment are unable to assist with the award of Visas of UK Work Permits at this time.