FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (MACHINE TOOL)
Location: Home Based
Areas: UK Wide Coverage
Salary: c£38k OTE £45k + Car, Pension, Laptop, Phone
Technical: CNC & PLC - Fanuc, Siemens & Siemens
Sector: CNC Machine Tool Service Provider
An opportunity for an experienced Field Service Engineer has arisen to join a highly renowned sales and engineering company who specialise in supplying quality CNC machine tools to a wide range of industries including aerospace and automotive. Currently undergoing an exciting phase of growth and expansion, our client is looking to diversify into adjoining markets and introduce new products and expand its engineering capabilities.
You will ideally have experience within the CNC Machine Tool sector, be mechanically biased (80/20 Split Mechanical to Electrical ideally) and have strong knowledge of CNC controls and Drives.
Example of Day to day duties;
- Undertake planned and reactive maintenance, service, repair and installation activities.
- You will be responsible for maintenance, service and repair of a wide variety of CNC machinery and equipment.
- Hydraulic and pneumatic system fault-finding
- Machinery decommissioning/recommissioning
- Carry out machine alignment checks
- Full re-alignments of CNC machining centres and CNC lathes
- Spindle replacement and dresser bearing replacement
Essential Experience required;
- Previous working knowledge of Fanuc and Siemens CNC Controls
- Mechanical maintenance skills including previous experience with motors, gearboxes, Spindles, bearings and pumps
- Some Electrical knowledge will be a distinct advantage
- Installation and Service of large CNC Machine Tools
- Valid UK Driving License
- Flexible to undertake travel to Client sites - UK Wide (average 3-4 nights a month away from home)
This is a home-based role predominately covering West and East Midlands however on occasion you will be required to cover additional locations across the UK. The successful candidate will ideally live within 1 hour's commute of Warwickshire for ease of access to clients and the office.
In return, the client offers a salary c£38k with a representative OTE c£45k, Company Pension contribution, company vehicle, fuel card, laptop and works mobile phone.
All applications for this position must be eligible to live and work unrestricted in the UK - Vanilla Recruitment are unable to assist with the award of Visas of UK Work Permits at this time.