JOB TITLE: Field Service Engineer
LOCATION: Home Based - Covering M4/M5 Corridor
SALARY: c£35k OTE £45k + Car, Pension, Laptop, Phone
An experienced Multiskilled CNC Machine Tool Service Engineer is now Urgently required to join a well-established Machine Tool service provider to carry out a variety of service activities including; machine breakdowns, audits, repairs, refurbishment, relocation and calibration.
We require an experienced Service Engineer with a comprehensive working knowledge of multi-axis CNC lathes, vertical and horizontal CNC machining centres and 5-Axis machines.
As Service Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Service, Repair and fault-finding utilising both electrical and mechanical control systems
- Extensive customer liaison to ensure significant productivity and performance improvements across a wide variety of CNC controlled machinery
- Ability to set and adjust CNC parameters and perform drive optimisation
- Candidates must possess strong electrical knowledge, be adept at fault-finding, experienced working with pneumatic and hydraulic systems, and familiar with some variety CNC control systems: including Fanuc, Siemens and Heidenhain
The Successful Applicant will should have the following;
- Have a strong technical understanding - ideally apprentice trained within technical engineering
- A track record of working within a machine tool industry sector.
- Extensive CNC Machine tool equipment knowledge i.e. Lathes, horizontal and vertical machining centres and Turning machines.
- Working experience on CNC & PLC Fanuc or Siemens controls.
- Possess strong customer liaison skills
- Flexible to undertake travel to client sites - Midlands, (M4 Corridor) and South Locations
- Full and Clean Valid UK License
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader specialising in premium machine tool products to blue chip clients. Base salary is competitive depending on experience with package to include car or car allowance, pension and paid overtime at weekends.
Home based role anticipating undertaking M4 Corridor site coverage - ideal residing locations would include within and around the following areas: Nottingham, Worcester, Milton Keynes, Leicester, Coventry, Reading, Swindon, Southampton - Central England, M4/M5 corridor and South Locations.
For more information, please contact Laura Niven-Kapp on 07414 449 441 alternatively forward an updated copy of your CV and covering letter quoting the Job Reference
All applications for this position must be eligible to live and work unrestricted in the UK - Vanilla Recruitment are unable to assist with the award of Visas of UK Work Permits at this time.