FIELD SERVICE & COMMISSIOING ENGINEER
Location: Home Based
Areas: UK Wide
Salary: c£35k OTE £45k + Car, Pension, Laptop, Phone, Bupa
Technical: CNC & PLC - Fanuc & Siemens 840D, Siemens S7
Sector: CNC Machine Tool, Various Industries
An experienced Service & Commissioning Engineer is now URGENTLY sought join our client, a well-established specialist Machine Tool service provider. The Commissioning specialist will have a good understanding of many various aspects of control technology found in typical modern automation systems.
As Service & Commissioning Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Service, Repair and fault-finding utilising both electrical and mechanical control systems
- Extensive customer liaison to ensure significant productivity and performance improvements
- Ability to set and adjust CNC parameters and perform drive optimisation
- To lead the work integrating solutions into machines. This would include the programming of Siemens S7 PLCs
- Commissioning variable speed drives & Test of electrical control circuits
- Load & Test of CNC system & HMI (Siemens 840D & Fanuc)
- Functional Testing of the machine tool to product and contract specifications
- Good working knowledge of PLC programming languages
- Ability to read electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic circuit diagrams
- Experienced with AC & DC control circuits
- Experienced with setup and commissioning of inverter drives & servo motors
- Practical experience of fault finding on electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Have understanding and practical working know ledge of CNC machine tools
- Siemens 840D CNC and/or Fanuc CNC controls (as well as configuration)
- Ability to set and adjust CNC parameters, perform drive optimisation would be advantageous
- Full & Clean Valid UK driving license
- Flexibility to travel to customer sites - UK Wide
In return our client offer's the opportunity to join a specialist machine tool service provider who offers an extensive range of services for major OEM's. This is an excellent opening for individuals with the desire to join a unique company with a long, established history who are leading the way in innovative technology and can offer training, progression and on-going development.
All applications for this position must be eligible to live and work unrestricted in the UK - Vanilla Recruitment are unable to assist with the award of Visas of UK Work Permits at this time.