FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (MACHINE TOOL)
Location: Home Based
Areas: UK Wide
Salary: c£35k OTE £k40k + Car, Pension, Laptop, Phone
Technical: CNC & PLC - Fanuc, Siemens
Sector: CNC Machine Tool, Various Industries
Our client, an established Machine Tool Service provider is urgently seeking to recruit experienced multi-skilled Field Service Engineer's predominantly from a CNC Machine Tools background to assist their successful team in coping with an ever-increasing demand of their products and services.
You will be responsible for installations, service, repairs and breakdowns of equipment at customer sites around the UK. With a portfolio boasting a number of high-profile OEM's and blue-chip companies, this is an exciting opportunity for candidates looking for a technically challenging role within a nationally recognised organisation.
Responsibilities of Field Service Engineer:
- Responding to service calls around the UK
- Test, Install and Commission a wide variety of CNC equipment
- Electrical and Mechanical Fault Finding
- Offering advice and technical support to customers
- Reporting directly to the Service Manager
- Diagnose and Repair Machine Breakdowns
- Help Support Customers with Technical Issues
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Good working knowledge of PLC programming languages
- Ability to read electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic circuit diagrams
- Experienced with AC & DC control circuits
- Experienced with setup and commissioning of inverter drives & servo motors
- Practical experience of fault finding on electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Have understanding and practical working know ledge of CNC machine tools
- Siemens 840D CNC and/or Fanuc CNC controls (as well as configuration)
- Ability to set and adjust CNC parameters, perform drive optimisation would be advantageous
- Full & Clean Valid UK driving license
- Flexibility to travel to customer sites - UK Wide
In return for your commitment you will be joining an established organisation offering training and a stable and secure career for technically motivated engineers.
Home based with National UK coverage - Locations throughout the UK including East Anglia, South East, South West, Midlands, North East and North West
All applications for this position must be eligible to live and work unrestricted in the UK - Vanilla Recruitment are unable to assist with the award of Visas of UK Work Permits at this time.