We're currently welcoming applications from ambitious financial administrators and accounts assistants who are looking for the chance to learn and progress within a community-focused banking organisation.
You'll join a friendly team to play an important part in supporting the day-to-day accounting functions at the heart of this well-reputed local business. In addition, as a forward-thinking and supportive employer, the company will also encourage you to pursue further training, and empower you to participate in a wider range of strategic projects. The job presents an opportunity to broaden your skill set and enjoy a truly varied working week.
Duties and responsibilities:
Transactional duties and ledger will form a key part of the role, and you carry out the following on a day-to-day basis:
- Balancing daily bank reconciliations
- Petty cash reconcilation
- Credit card reconcilations
- Paying employee expenses in line with the payment schedule and analysing variances with line managers
- Processing returned cheques for nominal posting
- Month-end reporting
However, along with the duties above you will also have the opportunity to enjoy involvement in the following processes as part of the progression and development of your responsibilities:
- Providing cover for Treasury Management tasks in the event of holidays or sickness absence
- Acting as liaison with the Bank and working to resolve any queries rising
- Assisting with the production of internal financial reporting and statutory reporting
- Assisting with Corporation Tax computations and queries
Skills and experience required:
- Previous experience in a similar role as an accounts assistant or financial administrator is essential
- Currently studying AAT qualification
- Demonstrates a confident level of IT proficiency with a sound working knowledge of Excel
- Able to give examples of having worked with outstanding attention to detail to perform tasks where accuracy was paramount.
- Enjoys working as part of a team with a pro-active, positive and "can-do" approach.
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm with a 1-hour lunch break
Salary and benefits:
- £18,000 - £21,000
- 24 days annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Life assurance 4 x salary