We are currently supporting the recruitment of a skilled and detail-focused Commercial Finance Analyst for an innovative and forward-thinking Northamptonshire business. As an industry leader in e-commerce fulfilment services, the company is renowned for delivering a cutting-edge service via its award-winning and sector-specific software solutions.
By conducting intricate market opportunity evaluation and the careful analysis of product lines, the successful applicant will provide colleagues with valuable insight into performance-related data, which in turn will inform strategical decision-making processes and secure the ongoing overall profitability of the business.
The role is based in a contemporary and fun office in Northampton, offering a bright and creative working environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support the financial planning process through analysis of data (products/services) and facilitation of forecasting and budget processes
- Supporting the company with the development of tools and live business reporting dashboards including sales, customer profitability, service models and product line analysis
- Evaluation of market opportunities and preparation of business proposals
- Provision of strong analytical support across Operations, Commerical and Finance in order to understand and improve performance
- Providing recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial and non-financial performance
- Preparing financial reports with conclusions that can be used to implement more effective operational strategies
- Developing, collating and monitoring data quality metrics on current and new clients, current and new products and growth opportunities
- Developing financial models and conducting benchmarking
- Assist the CFO with financial reporting and ad-hoc business reporting
Skills and experience required:
- Strong technical and analytical skills are a must for this role along with a customer centric approach
- Clear, effective communication style, with the ability to manage key stakeholders
- Experience with interpreting and analysing data as well as designing tools to provide decision-making information
- Outstanding core business skills including influencing, stakeholder management and presentation skills
- Comfortable with risk and working with ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and time management skills
- Commercially aware, understanding and anticipating the needs of both operations and management
- Working towards a professional accountancy qualification would be advantageous
- Experience of MySQL database management system advantageous along with Power BI
Salary and benefits:
- Up to £55,000 dependent upon experience
- Flexible working (core hours 10am - 4pm)
- Healthcare plan
- Company laptop
We are employment specialists concentrating on job roles within Office, Sales, Marketing, HR & Training and Accountancy & Finance. We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency helping businesses to employ and hire staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.