We're working on behalf of a specialist consultancy company that provide a range of business support services to its clients.
We're interested in hearing from accomplished and skilled financial management professionals who would like to combine their accountancy expertise with a flair for client communication.
This position will initially be working for one client but will then take on the responsibility of the remaining clients and the company accounts at a later stage. This will be a standalone role and therefore the successful candidate needs to be comfortable working in a small team where they are the only accounts person with the support of an external accountant.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Transactional accounting
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Production of year-end accounts, balance sheet reconciliations and P&L
- VAT returns
- Completion of project work
- Building strong relationships with clients, team and board members
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum of 5 years experience working within an accounts role up to trial balance
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Sage (preferably Business Cloud Accounting)
- Numerate with a good eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and support other areas when needed
- Shows initiative and looks at continuous improvements and streamlining of processes
- Must have own transport due to location
- Monday to Friday 09:00 hours - 17:00 hours (37.5 hour working week)
Salary and benefits:
- Up to £30,000 dependent upon experience
- Study support for the right candidate after the probationary period
- 25 days annual holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Statutory pension
- On-site parking
We are employment specialists concentrating on job roles within Office, Sales, Marketing, HR & Training and Accountancy & Finance. We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency helping businesses to employ and hire staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.