We are recruiting for a fluent German speaking Ecommerce Translator to join our client, a leading international fashion retailer based in Northamptonshire. This is an exciting opportunity to join a motivated and passionate team, and we are looking for an individual with a background in marketing, copywriting and editing, that has experience in translating content and digital marketing materials from English to German, for trade customers and consumers.
You will be a bright individual with a creative mindset that enjoys working in a fast paced and energetic team environment. You will be organised and outgoing with excellent communication skills, and the ability to quickly form effective working relationships.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the translation of the company's Ecommerce websites and digital marketing materials for trade customers and consumers
- Translate website content and digital marketing materials for all client brands from English to German
- Amending and uploading of the translations within the CMS system.
- To provide copywriting, editing and proofreading expertise in German while exercising good judgement about language, organisation, and content
- Ad-hoc support of additional marketing translations including brochures
Skills and experience required:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a course of study requiring extensive writing and editing skills
- Minimum of two years of previous translation editing/copywriting experience
- Experience with working in projects for e-commerce websites preferable, especially fashion retail
- Previous experience within the creative/advertising/marketing area would be beneficial
- Comfortable with digital work on an in-house CMS would also be beneficial
- Fluent written/read German with excellent spoken/written/read English
- Proven excellent knowledge of German grammar and idiomatic expressions
- Excellent knowledge of professional terminology and writing conventions
- Demonstrates exemplary attention to detail and ability to exercise good judgement
- Proven ability to apply knowledge and experience in a time-pressured, deadline-intensive environment
- Proven skills in proofreading and editing
- Organised and able to manage own workload effectively
- Monday to Thursday 8.30am - 5.00pm, Friday 8.30am - 3.00pm
Salary and benefits:
- £20,000 - £25,000