We're looking for an ambitious and talented marketing graduate with a passion for the internet and search engine optimisation to join a leading local web agency as an SEO specialist.
The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in specialising in search engine optimisation, and will be familiar with SEO having learned about the subject as part of their degree studies. Experience of SEO in an employment setting is not essential, as training will be provided; but having the eagerness to learn is vital.
The successful applicant will also need to be a confident and friendly communicator, who is comfortable speaking to clients and collaborating effectively with colleagues.
Reporting directly to the Head of SEO and working as part of a friendly and enterprising team, you will also have some interaction with the Business Development Manager in charge of winning new SEO business.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Creating effective SEO strategies for clients
- Day to day management of clients accounts
- Implementing On-Site SEO measures
- Analysing and utilising data in written reports
- Liaising with the business development team in new business creation
- Keeping up to date with developments in SEO and search marketing
- Speaking to clients and prospective customers confidently about the company's products and services.
Skills and experience required:
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they meet the following criteria on their CV and / or at interview:
- Degree (or equivalent qualification) in Marketing or a related subject
- Sound understanding of the core fundamental principles of SEO and its purpose
- Knowledge of recent history of Google algorithm updates
- Up to date awareness of digital marketing techniques - social, PPC, content marketing
- Strong writing, language and grammatical skills in order to produce well-structured and clear reports for clients and colleagues
- Team focused, with a positive approach, willing to help move the department forward
- Comfortable managing clients' accounts autonomously and with initiative
- Highly organised, and able to prioritise workloads in order to manage a range of accounts
In addition, evidence of the following experience would be an advantage but is not essential:
- Prior use of Google Analytics and Webmaster tools, with the ability to utilise their data
- Experience of carrying out Keyword Research for web content
- Previous use of Adobe InDesign
- Basic HTML & Excel
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm
Salary and benefits:
- £16,000 - £20,000
- 20 days annual holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
We are employment specialists concentrating on job roles within Office, Sales, Marketing, HR & Training and Accountancy & Finance. We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency helping businesses to employ and hire staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.